IGNORED

240Z Quarter Glass Observation

Richie G

Started a restoral process on my quarter windows and noticed that it seems the passenger window has the Nissan stamp "reversed".  With all this PO has done wrong I'm wondering if he took two driver side pieces and made a passenger out of one of them.  Or maybe the factory only had one version of the glass and flipped them on the passenger side for convenience.

image.jpeg

26 minutes ago, bpilati said:

Seems unlikely since the glass is curved

About 10 minutes after I posted this I thought the same thing LOL. Just odd that they would etch the inside of one of them and the outside of the other

And PO is prior owner.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

21 hours ago, Richie G said:

Started a restoral process on my quarter windows and noticed that it seems the passenger window has the Nissan stamp "reversed".  With all this PO has done wrong I'm wondering if he took two driver side pieces and made a passenger out of one of them.  Or maybe the factory only had one version of the glass and flipped them on the passenger side for convenience.

image.jpeg

As is mine!

• Agree 1
  • Haha 1

News flash... Just walked past our 2006 Infiniti M35x (Nissan Fuga in Japan) and thought about this glass etching question. The passenger windows on the M35x are etched on the inside so appear reversed when viewed from outside the car and the driver side is etched on the outside and not reversed from outside the car... But wait, there's more. Last year I bought a 2022 Nissan Frontier (from the Kentucky facility) and the side window etching is on the outside of the glass and non-reversed Nissan from the outside all around.

Edited by w3wilkes

I suspect this is a vendor production line issue: think of a process where the pieces of glass are all oriented in the same fashion i.e. leading edge forward, irrespective of curvature. The etching process would always be presented with the same corner in the same position and only one etching line would be required. If the right side glass was to be etched on the outside a second etching line would be required for the reverse orientation of the glass. Work simplification, think W.E. Deming in Japan.

• Like 3