Ready to Experiment - Electrical - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Ready to Experiment

Featured Replies

Can anybody guess what I'm about to try?

image.jpeg

Perhaps a method to improve the original Z wipers? They certainly needed it.

Well, clearly the obvious answer would be using that module to replace the original module, but I don't think that's it. TOO obvious, even for me!   ROFL

I mean, after all... The biggest improvement you could make to the original system would be to come up with an easy way to get variable speed intermittents, but that module has a fixed 7 second delay and would be no better than what we already have.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author
19 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

I mean, after all... The biggest improvement you could make to the original system would be to come up with an easy way to get variable speed intermittents, but that module has a fixed 7 second delay and would be no better than what we already have.

It doesn't have to be an improvement. It just has to work. I know of at least 3 Z cars in my area that are having problems because the amplifier failed. Since the original is NLA, if I can get this to work, people will have functional wipers.

I have looked at other intermittent relays, but this will probably be the best way to work with existing wiring.

I have the wiring diagram for one of these.  It has about eight positions.  I don't know much about them except that the wiper motor must be getting a lot of amps on high speed based on how fast the blades move.. They're fast.  Actually the ancient Z motor and mechanism would probably hold you back on upgrading the system.

Are you going to design a simple harness to make it plug and play?  Looks like fun.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/265485270180?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=pCKhnAvpQCe&sssrc=2047675&ssuid=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

image.png

  • Author
1 minute ago, Zed Head said:

I have the wiring diagram for one of these.  It has about eight positions.  I don't know much about them except that the wiper motor must be getting a lot of amps on high speed based on how fast the blades move.. They're fast.  Actually the ancient Z motor and mechanism would probably hold you back on upgrading the system.

Are you going to design a simple harness to make it plug and play?  Looks like fun.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/265485270180?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=pCKhnAvpQCe&sssrc=2047675&ssuid=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

 

Yes, the plan is to make a harness go to between the factory harness and the amplifier. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.