IGNORED

Ready to Experiment

SteveJ

19 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

I mean, after all... The biggest improvement you could make to the original system would be to come up with an easy way to get variable speed intermittents, but that module has a fixed 7 second delay and would be no better than what we already have.

It doesn't have to be an improvement. It just has to work. I know of at least 3 Z cars in my area that are having problems because the amplifier failed. Since the original is NLA, if I can get this to work, people will have functional wipers.

I have looked at other intermittent relays, but this will probably be the best way to work with existing wiring.

• Like 2

I have the wiring diagram for one of these.  It has about eight positions.  I don't know much about them except that the wiper motor must be getting a lot of amps on high speed based on how fast the blades move.. They're fast.  Actually the ancient Z motor and mechanism would probably hold you back on upgrading the system.

Are you going to design a simple harness to make it plug and play?  Looks like fun.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/265485270180?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=pCKhnAvpQCe&sssrc=2047675&ssuid=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

image.png

1 minute ago, Zed Head said:

I have the wiring diagram for one of these.  It has about eight positions.  I don't know much about them except that the wiper motor must be getting a lot of amps on high speed based on how fast the blades move.. They're fast.  Actually the ancient Z motor and mechanism would probably hold you back on upgrading the system.

Are you going to design a simple harness to make it plug and play?  Looks like fun.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/265485270180?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=pCKhnAvpQCe&sssrc=2047675&ssuid=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Yes, the plan is to make a harness go to between the factory harness and the amplifier. 

• Agree 1