IGNORED

Dave W 1971/240Z rebuild

grannyknot

5 minutes ago, siteunseen said:

That place is about 30 minute drive from my house, Anniston, Alabama. 

They very proudly proclaim that the carpets are made in USA, which I saw as a big positive when looking for a supplier.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, davewormald said:

The wording made it sound like I wouldn't be getting one of the kits (next ones forecast for April 23rd), but my order was placed on January 30th, so I've asked for clarification. At this point they're very aware that it's the part holding up completion (and apparently tutorial development)!

April 23rd? I think that is code for Aug. 23rd

Dropped the carpets in today, meh, they're ok, the back carpet is about an 1" too short so had to paint that visible area in front of the cubbys with flat black paint so it won't be as noticeable.

DSC00017.JPGDSC00019.JPG

I loaded a few heavy tools into the back to compensate for no quarter windows, hatch glass, or muffler so I could get the rear control arms torqued.

DSC00023.JPG

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

The weatherstrip kit finally arrived, only 10 months and 3 vendors, Hallelujah.  I got the hatch glass seal on and will let that settle in for a few days before we install it. Started the top half of the inside hatch weather seal today, I tried to use the clamps again like I have in the past but could not get them to work this time so resorted to masking tape which worked out well.

For a seal this complicated I like to mount the seal while cement is still wet so I have lots of time to move it to the correct position without it getting stuck prematurely, I'll let that cure overnight before doing the lower half.

I also p/u some better parts than the ones that were already on the car, a complete air box, an ignition switch that works smoothly, a stock clock with a modern quartz motor behind it, and never installed old stock chin spoiler.

DSC00053.JPG

DSC00057.JPG

DSC00056.JPG

DSC00042.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

When you glue the weatherstrip do you just put glue up in the slot of the weatherstrip? Or both surfaces? Do you try to get the flaps in the gutter and interior glued down too?

6 hours ago, Patcon said:

When you glue the weatherstrip do you just put glue up in the slot of the weatherstrip? Or both surfaces? Do you try to get the flaps in the gutter and interior glued down too?

I'm covering all surfaces that will touch on both the car and the seal, you have to be quick, which is another reason why I only do half of the seal at a time. I can't understand why this seal is always made so it is a little smaller than it needs to be, you have to stretch it to fit and all it wants to do is pull away from the gutter.

That's one of the things I like about using the Kia door seal for the hatch, you don't have to fight with or stretch it and you still get a good seal.

• Thanks 1