IGNORED

Replacing All Large Opening Seals & Hatch Small Seals

HusseinHolland

4 minutes ago, HusseinHolland said:

Also - took the pass door card back off to get to the outer handle link rod - I though that was ht issue - turns out the door handle lever snapped off

I'll have to order new handles

PXL_20231118_203000509.MP.jpg

Yeah, thats not an uncommon thing. There is a lot of force right there on the handle. It typically comes from people pulling the handle up too firmly until it stops. If you just pull it up enough for it to unlatch but not hit the stop it shouldn't do this

9 hours ago, Jeff G 78 said:

You don't have to buy new handles.  You can simply swap the handles left to right.  They are identical and have two arms each.  When an arm breaks off, the unused arm is still good.  When you swap them left to right, you are using the good arms on both handles.

I did see that - however the chrome on mine is burnished/marred where they sanded the car for paint 30 years ago.

I don't throw things away, so I was planning on saving the old ones in case the new construction doesn't past muster.

Edited by HusseinHolland

Redid the Louvre outer edging/seal

The channel I bought worked, however it's not pliable to the extent of the original, so I had to cut slots where it wraps around at the top. I reversed it so the wide strip is on the inside, and works as a isolator to prevent the louvres from whacking the glass trim as it has been doing for the past 48(?) years

PXL_20231124_203223397.jpg

PXL_20231124_203151985.jpg

PXL_20231124_203157315.jpg

PXL_20231124_202524204.jpg

PXL_20231124_202518273.jpg