IGNORED

EFI Datsun Z - only runs with throttle slightly pressed

milligan21

6 hours ago, Patcon said:

A clear fuel filter before the fuel pump will be fine. No high pressure at that point in the system

Agreed. Never had any leaks or issues if it is BEHIND the fuel pump. I have a video of how little pressure the filter is actually under too. Just have to make sure the filter is made for suction. The clear filter helped me spot that the pickup tube inside the fuel tank had a hole in it. I could see bubbles collecting in the fuel filter instead of a laminar flow of gasoline. Would have been nearly impossible for my novice self to figure out without that hint.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, ckurtz2 said:

Never had any leaks or issues if it is BEHIND the fuel pump

Yeah.. me dummy.. i was thinking of the 280zx pressure there as those have the pump under the fueltank. they need a high pressure filter as your car has at the moment.. (i think i see one on the pictures.. like a 280zx fuelfilter.) 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

To wrap this up.. I found out my problem! So the injectors were clicking ( all of them ) but they weren't spraying! 4 of the 6 of them were blocked! 😮 Anyway.. problem solved. 😕 So much time wasted with other things.... 

On another note.. can someone tell me if 280z injectors would work in my car. It being a 2.0 litre EFI engine. Surely its a yes? I think I will just replace all 6 of them. Have been looking at rockauto and they have only 2.8 l ones. I cant find any information about my original injectors. They are yellowy / brown A46-000001 

Cheers for all your help 😄 and sure.. I probably should have pulled and checked the injectors at the start but didnt 

• Like 1

Had to update as I have been reading a lot of posts and the person who posts usually doesnt wrap up what the issue was 😄 so there ya go... Lesson learnt! some added updated progress pics 😄 Nearly there.... uff and yes I blacked out the chrome because no one in Ireland does rechroming 😛

20230409_192643.jpg

20230414_185406.jpg

20230407_174806.jpg

20230414_185350.jpg

• Like 3