Jump to content


Fuel Pump Terminal Protection


Recommended Posts

Hi all:

I've been under my car off and on for the past couple of years redoing the fuel system.  When I disconnected the wiring from the OEM pump, the terminals were covered in what looked like polyester body filler (Bondo), which I had to chisel/sand off.  Beneath that were plastic washer-like pieces that appeared to be meant for a cover to snap over after the wiring was connected.  I'm thinking that Bondo wasn't factory, lol.  What did the factory use for a cover?  I looked for some sort of rubber boot, but didn't find anything that looked like it would fit.  I could glob on some RTV.  But I figured I'd ask here first.

Edited by the_tool_man
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, SteveJ said:

Yeah, plain ones like that are around.  But mine had plastic "washers" of sorts trapped under the nuts that looked like they were intended for a cover to snap onto.  Sorry I wasn't more clear (edited original post to clarify).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My '77 had that pink bondo looking stuff too and I'm almost positive the pump was OE.

I think those plastic things are like some kind of "locker" type device to keep the terminals secure. Just a guess though.

I'm doing a link to something really helpful to the 280 owners if you haven't seen it.


Screenshot_20230124-133046_Samsung Internet.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.