IGNORED

71 series 2 console

Wally

here is the console that came in my 71 240z series 2. It fits, but Is it just me or is this a series 1? Are they interchangeable?

If its a series 1, i want it all to be original.... can someone post a pic of their series 2 please? Also, if you know where to get one in VG shape or 

better let me know. How much should one cost btw?

image.jpeg

When the factory started making changes there is always a threshold when some changes are in effect before others are. Like the vents.

I have heard of a series 1.5, perhaps that is what yours is. Then there is the factor of what did the factory do as opposed to what some prior owner changed along the way. 

• Agree 1

The flow-thru ventilation change from the hatch to the sail panel was a hard change beginning with cars produced in February 1971. The parts catalog image supplied by @CanTechZ makes it clear that a second version of the Series 1 console was used thru July '71. Your shifter rod is probably a straight version consistent with the Type A transmission.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, jfa.series1 said:

The flow-thru ventilation change from the hatch to the sail panel was a hard change beginning with cars produced in February 1971. The parts catalog image supplied by @CanTechZ makes it clear that a second version of the Series 1 console was used thru July '71. Your shifter rod is probably a straight version consistent with the Type A transmission.

The parts book confirms this within a month on the transmission assembly page, showing type A up to 08/71 and type B from 09/71.

image.png

• Like 2

Ah. It may be an 8/71 will check it when i can. In a previous post i think we established an A tranny. I remember something about some wiggle in the shifter that needed taking out with a washer or bolt and nut

Edited by Wally

39 minutes ago, Wally said:

Ah. It may be an 8/71 will check it when i can. In a previous post i think we established an A tranny. I remember something about some wiggle in the shifter that needed taking out with a washer or bolt and nut

Humorously known as the monkey motion shifter.

• Like 1