IGNORED

Koito H4 Headlight Housings

SteveJ

1 hour ago, SteveJ said:

In my list I have electronic flashers. You have to add a ground wire to them, but they are adjustable rate.

I did not know this. I guess those brand new flashers I bought were a waste.

@SteveJ do you recommend a particular one? Are they different for hazard and turn signal, or can you get two of the same kind?

1 minute ago, Matthew Abate said:

I did not know this. I guess those brand new flashers I bought were a waste.

@SteveJ do you recommend a particular one? Are they different for hazard and turn signal, or can you get two of the same kind?

I found the ones in the list work well. I haven't experience issues with them. (I have experienced issues with the ungrounded, 2-pin electronic flashers.) Just get two.

Just now, HusseinHolland said:

Ah - thanks, Steve. I di don't look down beyond the bulb listing. So, adjustable is required, or do the non-adjustable in the listings also work? 

Adjustable isn't required. I just like it because I want to be able to set how fast they blink. 

And here's another link the post with the list: https://www.classiczcars.com/forums/topic/68561-parkingtail-lights-fuse-holder-heating-up/?page=2

12 hours ago, SteveJ said:

I found the ones in the list work well. I haven't experience issues with them. (I have experienced issues with the ungrounded, 2-pin electronic flashers.) Just get two.

Adjustable isn't required. I just like it because I want to be able to set how fast they blink. 

And here's another link the post with the list: https://www.classiczcars.com/forums/topic/68561-parkingtail-lights-fuse-holder-heating-up/?page=2

One last question Steve - I'm assuming that the (-) terminal on the relay is the one that requires external ground. Can you verify?

screenshot-www.amazon.com-2023.11.01-09_23_08.png

Yes it is. I put a 6.2mm female open barrel spade (with insulator) on one end of a short piece of wire, and an M6 open barrel ring on the other. I just connected the spade to the negative terminal and ground the ring on a screw.

26 minutes ago, Patcon said:

I read this recently. I had no idea Daniel Stern was such an expert...

https://jalopnik.com/why-most-led-headlight-upgrades-dont-really-work-an-ex-1843070472

Daniel Stern has frequently downplayed LED lights for automotive applications. This includes replacing incandescent bulbs with LED bulbs in side markers, taillights, etc. While I'm not a "recognized expert" like him, my eyes don't necessarily agree with his opinions.

• Like 2

I dunno. The light distribution of the Auxito 6500K in the H4 housings is significantly better than the Halogen sealed beams I replaced. Maybe it's different with non-H4 housings, but these have a good cut off pattern that is easy to discern against a wall at the appropriate measurement depth.

Edited by HusseinHolland