IGNORED

Koito H4 Headlight Housings

SteveJ

• 1 year later...

Yeah, that’s why I DMed you about it. Using the Toyota description to decipher what you get with that part number is confusing. I got that number when trying to get just the housing, and I think the price is supposed to be for just that, but then I got the whole kit, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

What else is interesting is how much other places want. JDM Car Parts has single housings for $189, plus they’re probably RHD and would blind oncoming traffic if they’re actually JDM.

Edited by Matthew Abate
  • Like 1

I put in my old Hella H4's (from the X1/9) with the LED bulbs Steve recommended. One of them has water damage, so I ordered the Kioto H4 housings while they are still available, at such a good price.

housings came out smoothly, no snapped or stripped hardware. I didn't order new gaskets, so I cleaned & lubricated them for reinstall

PXL_20231026_212521898.MP.jpg

Comparison of sealed  (low) beam to LED

PXL_20231026_204835790.jpg

Edited by HusseinHolland
  • Like 1