IGNORED

Radio Options

z3beemer

I've been looking into radio options for my 73 240Z and found a company that will take your radio and update all the internals but maintain the original face plate, housing, etc. It will even maintain full function of the pushbutton presets. It's not cheap, but provides a lot of options that you can pick and choose. Options include, bluetooth, hands free phone, usb, flashdrive, mp3, etc. You will end up with a 180 watt 4 channel unit. I priced it for mine with all the options and the price was $550. The web site is: www.tech-retro.com. They have a good video on the site that demonstrates the unit and all the features. The actual work is performed through authorized dealers throughout the US. The one closest to me is in Chicago area. I've spoke to him several times and he's been very helpful, plus he's a car guy.

Paul (z3beemer)

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

I think that’s great for those that are trying to maintain the stock appearance of their cars, but have a 21st century car radio.  I might have gone this way, but, being unaware of this possibility a few years ago when I replaced my Z’s interior, I ended up getting a vintage looking, modern radio made by Retro Manufacturing.  Thanks for sharing this info with us, z3beemer!  😀

• 2 weeks later...

Would love to see how it turns out if you pull the trigger ! I just took @UM240  idea retro sound with original faceplate , was able to keep the original knobs with a little Teflon tape and a makeshift bracket to keep the antenna switch .  Has anyone touched up the silver/chrome on the trim ? That’s my next project 

B3CB81A1-2ACA-4AA7-9D74-A503DAAFE69D.jpeg

Edited by Dat.240
Corrected user tag
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, Dat.240 said:

Would love to see how it turns out if you pull the trigger ! I just took um240’s idea retro sound with original faceplate , was able to keep the original knobs with a little Teflon tape and a makeshift bracket to keep the antenna switch .  Has anyone touched up the silver/chrome on the trim ? That’s my next project 

I used a silver Sharpie on my radio face plate and it turned out great.

1467835804512.jpg

1494106912563.jpg

• Like 4

On 7/11/2022 at 2:27 PM, Dat.240 said:

Would love to see how it turns out if you pull the trigger ! I just took @UM240  idea retro sound with original faceplate , was able to keep the original knobs with a little Teflon tape and a makeshift bracket to keep the antenna switch .  Has anyone touched up the silver/chrome on the trim ? That’s my next project 

that is fantastic. My next project is to build new keys for the retrosound with the help of 3-D Print

• Like 1