IGNORED

Crow's Foot for Gland Nut

SteveJ

Some time this year, I want to replace the struts and springs on the 240Z. I have the struts, but I need to decide whether to use the Chevette springs I have on hand or go with the ZCarSource springs. Anyway, I have used the tongue & groove pliers (aka Channel Locks) on the 260Z gland nuts in the past, and I noticed that ZCarDepot came out with a gland nut wrench. However, me being me, I wanted to see what else I could find. I tried to find an octagonal socket, but no one seems to have a 2 inch octagonal socket. They are either much too large or much too small. Then I was doing some other tool searching and came across a 2" crow's foot. It was only about $20, so I pulled the trigger. 

The crow's foot looks like it could work. It certainly goes around the gland nut.

image.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jackmau said:

You think a 50mm  8  sided Fork Cap wrench would work.

Nope. Tried that many years ago. I actually opened it up a little wider to the point where the gland nut would fit, but the crow's foot is much more sturdy. I wasn't confident that I got the surfaces flat enough for the gland nut after working on the fork cap wrench.