IGNORED

I thought I was done with Z cars

emccallum

13 hours ago, inline6 said:

Really great work you are doing!  I like your part number on the moustache bar - came out nice.  

Thanks! Some things have really turned out nice. Most of the good stuff will never get seen, like the underneath and the wiring harness. Hopefully I can get the bodywork adjusted to my liking. Aftermarket parts are tough. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, emccallum said:

Pretty impressive this hatch strut still works after 51 years. Just dont make those things like that anymore. 

I have had the same thought many times myself, my 240z is 52 1/2 years old and has a still working hatch strut. When i bought my 280zx in september 2013 they (as there are 2)  also still worked in a warm garage.. haha but later i had to get me some new ones as they became very weak..  I got 2 reserve 240z struts but they are not fitting on a 280zx .. 👿

On 9/18/2023 at 6:35 PM, emccallum said:

I told the painter to fit the fiberglass (aftermarket ) headlight scoops. He didn't and they fit like crap. Best case only they will need to be redone. 

I wonder what people that have zero mechanical ability do with their free time? 🤣

So the aftermarket is reproducing the original fiberglass headlight buckets?

• 4 months later...
33 minutes ago, Patcon said:

Looks great!!!

Are you going to Zcon??

23 months, that's really good!!

Thanks Charles. I couldn't have done as nice a job without the rotisserie you loaned me. I will post up some more detail pictures tomorrow.  

What, when where is Zcon?