IGNORED

What's with all the spam?

Tweeds

Over the past few weeks there's been an influx of new accounts that post a bunch of spam or scams. You know the ones... What gives? Is this happening in other forums, has this happened before, or are we just unlucky? Anybody know how to stop this nonsense? Seems like the only way would be to screen new accounts or posts somehow, or maybe put a cap on how many new threads one can open in x amount of time, but all that would be sorta authoritarian. I dunno much about these sort of things, and I dunno how to deal with it in the back end, but maybe somebody here does!

Luckily, at least, this wave of spammers and scammers have been obviously bogus - better than something more lucrative. 

Amazon.com : Spam Classic, 12 Ounce Can (Pack of 12) : Canned And Packaged  Meats : Grocery & Gourmet Food

Edited by Tweeds
Picture of spam.
  • Agree 1

Here's an idea - being able to block profiles. See someone who's obviously one of these spamming cats? Block 'em. That way they're out of your feed, and we don't have to wait for @Mike to clear 'em out. Not that Mike isn't doing what he can, but I don't expect him to be a 24/7 watchdog for spammers. Right now, the front page is 100% scam bull%^*%, and most posts were made in the last 20 minutes. 

Again, dunno how hard this 'blocking' thing would be in the back end - just thinking out loud!