IGNORED

1975 280Z catalytic converter heat shield ?

Killain

Yes Thank you, I bought that very cat last week, now I'm trying to find the Heat shielding. My 75280Z had it's cat deleted and it now has the resonator in it's place. I did find out that the car doesn't have a oxygen sensor, so that is not a problem, but the muffler is about to need replacing so I'm not sure about some of the exhaust systems parts. It's 47 years old , so . . . . ?

Oh no, I live just outside Philadelphia and the car was bought in MI and as far as I now know, it was in Michigan for all it's life till I bought it, but this car has a real 51907 miles on it. There isn't a single trace of rust. It's 2+2 but considering it's condition I would be an idiot not to buy it. I'm not sure, but I don't think it's a CA car. But here in PA, if it is newer than 1974 it needs to have the emissions equipment on and working.

SANY0003 (4).JPG

5 minutes ago, Killain said:

Oh no, I live just outside Philadelphia and the car was bought in MI and as far as I now know, it was in Michigan for all it's life till I bought it, but this car has a real 51907 miles on it. There isn't a single trace of rust. It's 2+2 but considering it's condition I would be an idiot not to buy it. I'm not sure, but I don't think it's a CA car. But here in PA, if it is newer than 1974 it needs to have the emissions equipment on and working.

Very nice looking Z.  If it was always in Michigan, it must have spent winters off the road and in a garage.

Hoping I can help.

I have a California emissions 280z. Pulled off the exhaust a while back, because I don't need a cat in AZ:)

Anyways the entire exhaust assembly is sitting in the backyard of my dad's house collecting rust. Used to be in good condition, now might have some surface rust, figured no one would want a CA emissions exhaust.

Anyhow, which shield are you talking about? The one that protects the driveshaft from the cat? Or there is a shield that is clamped to the cat itself to help protect the car. Hoping I still have that somewhere in case that is what you need/want.

Lucky I still have this photo. Took it, because I thought it was cool that the entire exhaust system could be removed in one piece. Notice the heat shield that clamps over the cat itself.

IMG-0701.JPG

Here is a photo of the shield that protects the driveshaft from the cat. Notice my cat is now removed so...

IMG-1453.JPG

IMG-1450.JPG