IGNORED

Car will not start

Wally

Lash pads are not the same as setting the valve lash. I can't speak to the technique to measure for the proper size lash pad, but maybe someone who does will chime in.

Valve Rocker Arm Guide OEM 240Z 260Z 280Z 280ZX

This is the wrench set I like to use for adjusting the valve lash. They are not as thick as your typical wrenches, so it makes it easier to put both wrenches on the nuts for the valve adjustment.

20211111_121012.jpg

https://www.tme.com/us/en-us/details/wp-w003300we/wrenches-sets/workpro/w003300/

I just did a compression test for each cylinder. Here are results

1: 150

2: 149-150

3.  165

4.  140-141 or so

5. 155

6. 160

i read here on forum somewhere 175-180ish is normal? Does this indicate a lash or camshaft problem?

The compression number range is not terrible.  12.5% on #4, the worst one (actually 15% - 25/165).  The equipment used will affect the readings.

And the lash readings do show lash so the valves should be closing.

Maybe the engine spins fast because you have a powerful battery.

You have reasonable cylinder pressures and the engine is spinning.  The engine should start.  So, spark is left as the unknown.  With the engine spinning that fast you should be able to get a nice stable ignition timing reading with a timing light.  If you can do that, it will tell a lot.

And, there are no pictures of your spark plug wiring.  Might be that they are incorrect.  1 5 3 6 2 4 counterclockwise.

Spark and ignition timing seem like the main unknowns at this point.  They have not been confirmed.

6 hours ago, Wally said:

i check magnets on pertronix also

Edited by Zed Head
  • Like 1