IGNORED

Floor pans

ennisdavis

3 hours ago, ennisdavis said:

Zedd, norm and charlie. Is that like moe, larry and curlie? Who runs datsunzparts? Still looking for a more reliable place.

Here, take this: Chill Pill.jpg

Maybe this will help you with identifying the players...

image.png

I would suggest that you be patient. I have seen a person get black-balled by shops because he came across as high-maintenance. I don't think you'll find someone else at Charlie's price point who would be more reliable.

One more screen shot for good measure:

image.png

• Haha 1

Zedd Findings = company name

Charlie = owner founder, he's the man

datsunzparts.com = the internet domain (aka website) for Zedd Findings...it is not terribly uncommon to find a company with a URL that does not match their company name

Charlie has been doing this a long time and is quite reliable.  

• Agree 4

8 hours ago, ennisdavis said:

Is datsunzparts and showcars-body parts one in the same?

Absolutely not, geographically they are based in the same area but the guy at showcars has proven himself to be a bit of a scammer.  He boasts a huge variety of makes and parts but in reality he has very little in stock.  I haven't checked him out in a while but most of what he offers is fiberglass, only when he gets a fully paid order does he start to fabricate the part, then if the parts arrives at all it will be many months away and a pretty shoddy in its fabrication.  At one point he was also offering Charlie Osbourne's pans and rails at a sizeable mark up, I don't know if that is still true.

A number of members of the OntZclub got burned by him and it is common knowledge now to steer clear no matter how good his offer sounds.

Edited by grannyknot
  • Like 1

Oh wow that's a blast from the past!  I had completely forgotten about showcars.  Yes these are two different companies and different people.  Showcars as I recall offers a variety of fiberglass kits/pieces for the Z, I've honestly not heard that name in over a decade and am not even sure if they are still around...though from what grannyknot says above perhaps they do still exist.

• Like 1