IGNORED

Wanted: Front and Rear Bumper Overriders: 72 240z

VaCat33

Hello

Still looking for a few parts. This time I am looking for used front and rear overriders for my early 72 Z. The ones on my car have been missing for many years, but were there long enough that you can still see the outlines on the bumper. Mostly any condition is acceptable…but no rusted ones. They will go on the car as is…only a little cleaning up…so as to match the original bumpers.

As always, Thanks.

Jim

Thanks. I have been looking at the single items, but have held off in hopes of scoring a pair. I do not want refinished or restored bumperettes because they would look out of place against the weathered bumpers. I might go that route someday, but right now they need to be unrestored.

Jim

Hello

i am renewing this thread because I am  still searching for a pair of used or NOS front bumper Overriders (bumperettes) for a 1972 240z.

I thought I had scored a pair, but it turned out they were the later style for a 73. My bad…they looked right in the photos.

I have attached a photo of the later style bumperettes compared to the 70-72 bumperettes. The early ones are smaller most notably the width of the section shown with the arrows.

Thanks

8F973BB4-A028-43B4-859B-7B3E6D9436BF.jpeg

ED953FC8-67D8-4F73-886C-5D1921312B8E.jpeg

Contacting these guy might be an option:

http://bumperautomobile.com/datsun-240z-260z-bumpers.html

They seem to sell complete front and rear stainless steel bumpers, but may offer the front overriders separately.

Granted, you may have to drill a few holes to fit the rubber in front, but it might be worth it.  I've never purchased bumpers from them, but their eBay seller rating is at 98.5%.  https://www.ebay.com/fdbk/feedback_profile/in-4276?filter=feedback_page:RECEIVED_AS_SELLER&_trksid=p2047675.l2560

image.png

I’ve purchased from them and are very reputable. When you do contact them address your question to Amy. I had a small problem with a nick in my front bumper during shipment via FedEx and they immediately replaced it.