IGNORED

Search for an "Original" 240Z Resonator

CW240Z72

I am knee deep in the middle of restoring my '71 Z and on a hunt for the center resonator for the stock exhaust system. As of now I have the JDM Car Parts downpipe and repop of the original muffler, but its the bits in between that I cannot find. 

Has anyone came across a close alternative to the Nichira resonator? I have looked across the internet for one that's close but they are either too wide or too long to fit in the trans tunnel. I have one with me that measures roughly 6" wide and 12" long on the canister. It's not useable unfortunately.  

The best packaging resonator I have found available is one that is round in canister shape, opposed to the oval shaped Nichira one. 

Here's what I'm after (pics taken from other CZC members): 

240Z EXHAUST 2.jpg

240Z EXHAUST.jpg

And here's the best packaging resonator I could find: 

240Z EXHAUST 3.JPG

Here's the car I am after the resonator for. Thanks 

240z.jpeg

• Like 1

Hi, I see you have already my pic of the mid part of the exhaust!  Your resto deserves a part like the one on my old garden table haha.. It went to @Zup maybe he knows a copy or can give measurements of it..

I just had one of those for many years on the attic and never used it. At the moment i have a aftermarket 260z exhaust under my 240z, it has a bigger diameter pipe, and it's a little bit louder.

I like your work very much, well done!  Hope you find something you can use for this perfect resto!

Diameter original (exit side to end muffler.)

20190311_135633.jpg

The part Nr: 200050-N3000

20190311_135539.jpg

I have searched far and wide across the internet for a resonator of the right size. Reached out to Banzai in hopes that Mike has something hidden away. I did come across one I think would be a good fit, from our friends down under 

image.png

Measures 5" x 3" in cross section, 12" long, sized for 1.75" pipe. If I can get them to ship it to the US I may be in luck!

I don't know how real this site might be, I've never seen them before.  But the part number came up.  Not sure if "A tube center" is the same thing.

http://www.carpartsmanual.com/datsun/Z-1969-1978/engine-240z-260z/exhaust-tube-muffler/to-jul-73/5

https://nissangenuine.com/nissan/nissan-20050e4150-a-tube-center/

• 2 weeks later...

So I took a chance and bought the Australian based muffler. Turns out it’s a pretty close alternative to the “factory” style one. 

Side by side with the exhaust that came off this Z. I don’t think this was a true original piece, looks like someone spliced it in some time ago. Either way it’ll have the look I’m going for. 

7D14E880-EF96-465E-ACDF-0F53B1454DA4.jpeg

• Like 1