IGNORED

Z security

AK260

Now this is something I WILL install!! For the price of a cheap SIM (£5/ month) you have a tracker / Geo fenced car that cuts off the fuel or ignition supply with what is totally stealth!!! You can also install a loud 120db+ siren inside the car to go off when it disables / goes out of the geo fence.

929c097e8781dcf4d0a81cbbf7c5a7f5.png

£11.50 40% Off | GPS Tracker Motorcycle Mini Car GPS Relay MV740 9-90V Vehicle Tracker Vibrate Cut Line Alert Geo fence Alarm Free APP PK CJ740
https://a.aliexpress.com/_msdJfl3

• Like 1

In the US phone/data plans can be a bit expensive. 

I ordered a few of these https://www.apple.com/airtag/ I’m going to tape one somewhere in the car. It gets updated when other people with iPhones are nearby. Battery lasts a year, and don’t have to pay for any service fees. 

@AK260 don’t you have a 123ignition? Those have ignition kill security built into it.

my problem with some of these devices is that I don’t trust the people that are operating the backend networks, how do I know that they are not misusing my information, it looks like a service from in China, what happens when the service goes down or gets shut down? 

Edited by heyitsrama
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, AK260 said:

I do indeed have that. Although this solution would come it handy for the times I forget to immobilise via the app and also, if someone steals the car by dragging it out of the garage or putting it on the back of a tow truck, I can see where it is.

Often when we go to car events (say at Silverstone), they are far away and we spend an evening in a low cost hotel near the motorway. If someone puts your car on a tow truck in a place like that, it really will not look out of place and would be the easiest way to steal a car! I have been known to clamp my own car 😄 .

18c99b15f08fcf8f31b5b2461430a5f6.jpg

One time I had a young lad come up to me in the morning saying “Oh mate!!! Can’t believe it! Those bastards! Why did they clamp you!?”

I said “Watch this!” and pulled the key out! We both laughed a lot!

You own your own boot?

How much did it set you back?

You own your own boot?
How much did it set you back?

Yep! I see it as an insurance policy / a deterrent to make it that much harder. At the end of the day, if they want your car they will take it, but this makes it more difficult / time consuming. It gives me piece of mind when we go on holidays and leave the car at home etc.

It comes in two pieces, so it fits perfectly into the spare wheel well - I don’t carry a spare, just a can of puff and an inflator oh and a spare dizzy, leads /plugs, oil, water, fuel pump, bulbs, fan belt, small socket set, screw drives and spanners etc etc [emoji1787]. I figure those items are more likely to fail than the likelihood of having a full on blowout.

It cost me £250 about 10 years ago but they seem to have halved in price (and out of stock - I assume because of covid) ...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Purpleline-Fullstop-Nemesis-STD-Caravan-Security-Wheel-Clamp-/191892498400?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286

83c70de4f02d6d4f5efddc1e70db2f61.png

This I think is a US supplier ....

https://purplelineusa.com/product/nemesis-wheel-lock/
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/14/2021 at 8:38 AM, AK260 said:

I do indeed have that. Although this solution would come it handy for the times I forget to immobilise via the app and also, if someone steals the car by dragging it out of the garage or putting it on the back of a tow truck, I can see where it is.

Often when we go to car events (say at Silverstone), they are far away and we spend an evening in a low cost hotel near the motorway. If someone puts your car on a tow truck in a place like that, it really will not look out of place and would be the easiest way to steal a car! I have been known to clamp my own car 😄 .

18c99b15f08fcf8f31b5b2461430a5f6.jpg

One time I had a young lad come up to me in the morning saying “Oh mate!!! Can’t believe it! Those bastards! Why did they clamp you!?”

I said “Watch this!” and pulled the key out! We both laughed a lot!

Just a suggestion: if you're parking in a space like that, put the boot on the front tire. If the potential thieves have a tow truck with a grabber, they can pick up the back end and pull the car out easily.

• Like 1

Just a suggestion: if you're parking in a space like that, put the boot on the front tire. If the potential thieves have a tow truck with a grabber, they can pick up the back end and pull the car out easily.

Now that’s intelligent! Great suggestion [emoji106]

I would also say that since that photo I’ve been putting the lock in with the key hole towards the ground (capped in the photo by the black rubber plug) such that it can’t be easily drilled out.

32 minutes ago, AK260 said:

I’ve been putting the lock in with the key hole towards the ground (capped in the photo by the black rubber plug) such that it can’t be easily drilled out.

One has to wonder about the world we live in when we have to have a security plan to protect our security devices.  

Growing up, I never had a key to the family home because my parents never locked the doors except when we went away on vacation - and I remember them having trouble finding a key to do that on one occasion.  We also left our cars parked at the curb unlocked.  

Now I lock my car, set the alarm, have an outdoor security camera, and subscribe to a service that will immobilize the car if stolen.  Progress.

• Like 3

One has to wonder about the world we live in when we have to have a security plan to protect our security devices.  
Growing up, I never had a key to the family home because my parents never locked the doors except when we went away on vacation - and I remember them having trouble finding a key to do that on one occasion.  We also left our cars parked at the curb unlocked.  
Now I lock my car, set the alarm, have an outdoor security camera, and subscribe to a service that will immobilize the car if stolen.  Progress.

So true chap! To echo your point, after having our first child, we moved out of London to live in the sleepy countryside village I grew up in. In the 80s, we used to leave our cars parked in the town centre without locking anything.

Nowadays, cars are brazenly being stolen off the driveways. Having put up cctv over the driveway, I have to say, it felt odd!

I guess society as a whole has changed. Also they closed our local police station and turned it into luxury flats overlooking the cricket pitch!!
  • Sad 1