IGNORED

RB25 Swapped 280z (Ask me questions!)

MarkyR

Hello, I am a first time car builder, and I decided to get right into it with an RB25DET swapped 77 280z.  I've been working on it for a little over a year and a half now, and although it still needs some work, it runs and drives now 🙂 .  There's lots more pictures and videos on the cars instagram @louis_280z, and please don't hesitate to ask questions about how I completed this swap!  There's lots of problems that you may not even be thinking of before getting into this job that you'll run into, and I'm more than happy to share my solutions!

engino.jpg

the two.jpg

sus.jpg

yup.jpg

notmuch.jpg

back.jpg

wheel.jpg

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, MarkyR said:

There's lots more pictures and videos on the cars instagram @louis_280z,

You should do a youtube account for us "anti-joiners".  Too many things to sign up for.  Not a fan of instagram.

image.png

14 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

You should do a youtube account for us "anti-joiners".  Too many things to sign up for.  Not a fan of instagram.

image.png

Totally respect that! Honestly, I have lots of problems with instagram as a platform, and have been considering a youtube channel for a while now.  I'll keep this page updated for whenever I make one!

On 4/5/2021 at 2:03 PM, northernz said:

Cool build! I considered that swap, but in the end kept the original motor and put ITB's on it. Health issues caused me to sell the car but to a friend, so I still get to visit!

Will watch this thread with interest!

Thanks! And that's awesome! Always love seeing a good ITB build! :)

On 4/5/2021 at 2:10 PM, heyitsrama said:

Never realized how tight a fit cross flow s6 can be.... +1 for the v8 for me 😛

Yeah, definitely is pretty tight in there lmao.  Had to dent the wheel well with a mallet just to make more room...🤣