IGNORED

Relapzed

Mark Maras

Mark, in 2005 (according to the metadata for the photo) while driving from California to Seattle, I stopped in Portland briefly to see a fellow who had 3 beautiful Zs ('73s like mine).  His Zs had been the subject of an article in a Z magazine (Sport Z maybe?). 

Do you happen to know of him and the status of his collection?

Thanks.  you can PM me if you wish. 

June 2007 003.jpg

June 2007 010.jpg

18 minutes ago, Patcon said:

He's got flat tops on the first one!

All three of his cars had the Hitachi SU-HIF "Flattops".  And notice all the trophy's!  That was one of the reasons I went to see him as I was contemplating the restoration of my '73.  (which I finally accomplished by finding Motorman7 in 2018.  See the thread "We're bringin; back the Flat Tops! https://www.classiczcars.com/forums/topic/60309-were-bringin-back-the-flat-tops/  )  Now thanks to Motorman7, my '73 looks as good or better than his. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, jayhawk said:

Mark, in 2005 (according to the metadata for the photo) while driving from California to Seattle, I stopped in Portland briefly to see a fellow who had 3 beautiful Zs ('73s like mine).  His Zs had been the subject of an article in a Z magazine (Sport Z maybe?). 

Do you happen to know of him and the status of his collection?

Thanks.  you can PM me if you wish. 

June 2007 003.jpg

June 2007 010.jpg

I don't know who that would have been. @zedhead used to live in Portland, maybe he knows.

On 3/27/2021 at 5:13 PM, Diseazd said:

His name is Don Anderson. I spoke with him in 2007. His wife had recently died. He also owns two 300ZX’s. He published his phone number in the article. I’ll PM it to you.

Guy

Thanks Diseazd.