IGNORED

My grandfathers car collection he left us

Reece

These are the cars that we have stored in our warehouse. Just to be clear my grandfather passed away in 2011 and 2 years ago I discovered these cars and realized how badly kept they have been. I am only 18 and I am trying to restore as many as possible. I have successfully restored a 1994 Mustang Cobra (indie-500 edition) that was no easy task but this has led me into my passion for cars. I understand these cars are in bad shape, but I am doing what I can to hopefully make my grandfather proud.. Lastly, some of these cars have not been driven or started in over 25 years... Which is extremely sad and I sadly have no one to blame except my father who does not care for cars as much as my grandfather or I do. Thanks for listening and I will try my best to describe each car, also all of these cars are for sale at the right price, if you are interested quote this and I will try to reach out to you! Thanks again!! -Reece

The white Mercedes is the only car that has been sold; the Datsun red c3 corvette and the Old Rolls Royce are the only cars not for sale. 

IMG_0864.png

IMG_0865.png

IMG_0872.png

IMG_0873.png

IMG_0875.jpg

IMG_0876.jpg

IMG_0877.jpg

IMG_0878.png

IMG_0882.png

IMG_0883.jpg

IMG_0884.png

IMG_0885.jpg

IMG_0886.jpg

IMG_0860.png

IMG_0861.png

IMG_0866 (1).png

IMG_0862.png

Edited by Reece
  • Like 2

Just now, Tweeds said:

Nice collection! There are some nice cars under all that dust! Is that a Porsche 928? What's your asking price?

Haha yes it is! I would have to talk to my dad about it but I was able to get this one started last week, doesn't seem to be in as bad of shape as some of the others... The only problem other than the dust is that the seats are in tough shape. I would give you a price but I'm unsure, what's your asking price (let me know if you want me to send you more info on it)

1 minute ago, grannyknot said:

Your Grandad had eclectic taste,  maybe don't be too quick to clean them up,  as we've seen at some auctions houses that that layer of dirt and leaves fetches a premium sometimes.

haha he sure did, he seemed to find something so unique in every car he owned.. he even used to have 2 DeLorean's, a red and black one which have sold unfortunately.. 😞

2 minutes ago, grannyknot said:

Your Grandad had eclectic taste,  maybe don't be too quick to clean them up,  as we've seen at some auctions houses that that layer of dirt and leaves fetches a premium sometimes.

hmm I suppose i'll have to look into that, thanks for the heads up! 🙂

Just now, siteunseen said:

Why are those 3 not for sale if I might ask. None of my business just curious.

What a neat warehouse to have. Sorry you lost your grandfather, he left you and your family a present though.

No worries, the red c3 was my fathers from when he was in high school and its been in the back of my head since I heard that used to be his.. Whenever I get enough money I would like to bring it to a shop here in Beaumont and get it fixed up for him, since he misses it.

The rolls royce is another car that I would like to keep in the collection, as in a few years it could be worth more than it is now.

And lastly the Datsun is a car that I have been trying to get fixed up for the past few months but I'm struggling on it haha! 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Reece said:

Haha yes it is! I would have to talk to my dad about it but I was able to get this one started last week, doesn't seem to be in as bad of shape as some of the others... The only problem other than the dust is that the seats are in tough shape. I would give you a price but I'm unsure, what's your asking price (let me know if you want me to send you more info on it)

I'm not really asking for myself - I know some Porsche guys who collect/restore them who might be interested. 

928 and 944s are raising in value finally. They were a blip in Porsche history and made for few years only. Porsche and Audi were together during those years and did some swapping around. I had a 944 with an Audi motor. One of the best cars I've ever owned as far as driving but we all know the front engine was a resale killer. I'm glad to see the value coming back as they were great cars to drive.

38 minutes ago, Reptoid Overlords said:

Great collection, thanks for sharing it.  Sorry for your loss but it sounds like you honor your grandfather by reviving some of his passions. 

Clearly, the Volvo 164 needs to be your drift missile.

Man I never noticed these cars were used for drifting, thanks for the advice ill look into it.. And thank you, I hope to continue to revive his legacy have a great day!