IGNORED

L28 opinion

Remixaflip

Shipping might be costly from North Alabama but here's the whole car for $4,000. I know the turbo's use a specific ECU so make sure you get that when you do find one. Good luck.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/997590577430996/?ref=search&referral_code=undefined

16 hours ago, Remixaflip said:

I’m looking to go L28ET. If anyone happens to come across something let me know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by siteunseen

17 hours ago, Remixaflip said:

Opinions on this listing?

I was thinking about a turbo engine for a while and realized that the J pipe and the ECCS control system and the P90 head is all that a 280ZX turbo car offered.  If you decide to go with Haltech or Megasquirt, then all you need is the J pipe.  You don't need a P90 head but it's more desirable.  All of the other parts can be cobbled together from NA engines or aftermarket.  You can get an N42 head to avoid the liners.

So that long block for $1800 really just offers the P90 head (no exhaust liners).  The other turbo stuff is missing, and the short block is nothing special.

27 minutes ago, siteunseen said:

Shipping might be costly from North Alabama but here's the whole car for $4,000. I know the turbo's use a specific ECU so make sure you get that when you do find one. Good luck.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/997590577430996/?ref=search&referral_code=undefined

Looks like it could be driven.  Edit - actually the words say that.  It looks like it's ready for the wrecking yard.

1983 Datsun 280zx Turbo. Car runs well and transmission shifts perfect. It has had some aftermarket parts installed like blow off valve, turbo timer and valve controller. Would be great to fix up as it is an all original car. Has usual rust from being parked for years before I purchased it. Has a clean title. Looking to sale cash only no PayPal!

image.png

Edited by Zed Head

That’s way too much money in my opinion. The yard near me wanted $360 for the L28ET and another $400 for the turbo. eBay is not the place to shop? Where do you live?

I’m located in Northern California. I’d also plan on using a standalone ECU. Most likely megasquirt.