IGNORED

Machining cylinder head for more compression?

z shredder

If the L24 is still ok and servicable, I would put it back together and run it like that until you know what you want to do. Like @Zed Head said, doing one mod without the other will not do much, but empty your wallet.

I'd drive it around for a while, enjot it, and think about what you want from the engine. Then gather all the parts for an engine project. You could use the L26 as a starting point.

I think the biggest buss for your money is a lightened flywheel. It doesn't add any horsepower, but it certainly gives a standard engine kick in the a$$ response. Very revvy and a little touches at the traffic lights, but managable once you get use to it.

My wife keeps stalling mine, but then she refuses to drive it because it's got no power steering, no power windows, no power mirrors, blue tooth or navigation, this list goes on.

Looks like you are having fun restoring it so far. It's your project, so you can do what you want when you. Just my 2 eurocents.

• Haha 1

Besides my L24 spare block i do have another L26 with a Restored E30 ! head  (No not E31  a E30!) , it came out of a Z that was souped up!   Never used it myself but it looks like a nice step up.. 

A E30 head is the head of a L20 6 cyl. Nissan engine, and together with a L26 it makes a nice compression number around 10,5 i think?  

Has someone else experience with this combination L26 with E30 head?

I could sell the L26 with a E30 head..  prices would be like this one i just found on the dutch marketplace: 

EDIT: he changed the price of 3500 euro to "bieden"( translation: make a bid.)

≥ Datsun L28 Motor Gereviseerd - Overige Auto-onderdelen - Marktplaats.nl

Edited by dutchzcarguy

I found this with google not sure if it's correct:

The E30 did in fact come on certain models of the L20A. They have a closed combustion chamber just like the E31, so they allow you to have higher compress just like the E31, and use small ports and valves. They are built on the same basic casting as an E31, so the ports can be hogged out just as far as the E31's, and they can also be machined to accomondate bigger valves. Z man of Washington
www.zspecialties.com