IGNORED

Testing Spoiler in 1969

1961 Ferrari 196 is reported to be first on one web site

These 5 production cars were the first to bring spoilers to the market |  Driving

Brock knew about the effect early and applied to the Daytona Coupe in 1964. Perhaps that is the mix-up in Nissan origin or perhaps he got involved in 69 with Nissan spoilers as he raced the roadster for them and may have passed on some advice... I guess it could have been a 2 way street but I don't want to make a 2nd Goertz.

Le Mans 1964 Shelby Cobra Daytona Liveries (2 skins) | RaceDepartment

Edited by 240260280

1 hour ago, 240260280 said:

1961 Ferrari 196 is reported to be first on one web site

These 5 production cars were the first to bring spoilers to the market |  Driving

Block new about the effect early and applied to the Daytona Coupe in 1964. Perhaps that is the mix-up in Nissan origin or perhaps he got involved in 69 with Nissan spoilers as he raced the roadster for them and may have passed on some advice... I guess it could have been a 2 way street but I don't want to make a 2nd Goertz.

Both that 196 SP 'Fantuzzi Spyder' and the Cobra Daytona Coupe were examples born of Kamm tail type styling, and both integral to the shape of the rear ends on the cars. The Daytona more exaggerated, but still integral. You were talking about add-on/bolt-on spoilers previously. My 250GTO pic is an example of a bolt-on being tested. Some people will argue that these are low-volume racing specials, and we should be looking more at series production road cars. The 432-R could fall into both camps depending on viewpoint.

Trust me, Brock never had anything to do with the rear spoiler on the 432-R. I'm a big admirer of his work (especially with the Daytona Coupe, although I think AC's own A98 Coupe was both more lovely and more efficient) but let's give Nissan and their engineers a little bit more kudos for their work, please.

AC A98 Coupe:

BPH 4B the AC98 Coupe.jpg

Edited by HS30-H
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

autovisie front.jpg

Take a good look.. a spoiler was standard on a 240z in the Netherlands for as far i know. I still got one laying around on my attick from my 1972 240z Orig. Dutch car.

In this pic a story of Johan Cruyff  our famous eh ... football ? uh soccer! player..  (I don't give a damn about that, In fact i BLOODY HATE IT!!! )

Here some of the rest of the pages i stumbled upon haha..

Good luck with your translations hihi...😁

autovisie.jpg

autovisie 2.jpg

autovisie 3.jpg

autovisie1.jpg

• Like 1