IGNORED

Exhaust fumes fixes

AZDatsun

I have a method of finding where exhaust fumes can enter in the rear of the Z. Sorry if this was discussed already but it’s easy and something you can do with supplies you already have.

Took my large LED shop lamp and put it in the hatch area and moved it to where I was focusing on. Then turned off all the garage lights. You can see even the smallest pinholes with this method. Then sealed them up with body sealer. A smaller light might be better to fit in different areas but you get the point.

I was amazed at all the little holes I could find in seams and rubber boots. Especially useful in the areas between the rear deck and the quarter panel.

1f4e38fc3e6478b7678c6bbe1f4cc67e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

13 hours ago, AZDatsun said:

I have a method of finding where exhaust fumes can enter in the rear of the Z. Sorry if this was discussed already but it’s easy and something you can do with supplies you already have.

Took my large LED shop lamp and put it in the hatch area and moved it to where I was focusing on. Then turned off all the garage lights. You can see even the smallest pinholes with this method. Then sealed them up with body sealer. A smaller light might be better to fit in different areas but you get the point.

I was amazed at all the little holes I could find in seams and rubber boots. Especially useful in the areas between the rear deck and the quarter panel.

1f4e38fc3e6478b7678c6bbe1f4cc67e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A good light source for this is to get a regular garage work light like this: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Bayco-6-Incandescent-Work-Light-Plastic-Cage-With-Hook/16533149

Add a 100W equivalent LED bulb to it, and you can get it into the small places more easily.