Exhaust fumes fixes - Body & Paint - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Exhaust fumes fixes

Featured Replies

I have a method of finding where exhaust fumes can enter in the rear of the Z. Sorry if this was discussed already but it’s easy and something you can do with supplies you already have.

 

Took my large LED shop lamp and put it in the hatch area and moved it to where I was focusing on. Then turned off all the garage lights. You can see even the smallest pinholes with this method. Then sealed them up with body sealer. A smaller light might be better to fit in different areas but you get the point.

I was amazed at all the little holes I could find in seams and rubber boots. Especially useful in the areas between the rear deck and the quarter panel.

 

1f4e38fc3e6478b7678c6bbe1f4cc67e.jpg

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, AZDatsun said:

 

I have a method of finding where exhaust fumes can enter in the rear of the Z. Sorry if this was discussed already but it’s easy and something you can do with supplies you already have.

 

Took my large LED shop lamp and put it in the hatch area and moved it to where I was focusing on. Then turned off all the garage lights. You can see even the smallest pinholes with this method. Then sealed them up with body sealer. A smaller light might be better to fit in different areas but you get the point.

I was amazed at all the little holes I could find in seams and rubber boots. Especially useful in the areas between the rear deck and the quarter panel.

 

1f4e38fc3e6478b7678c6bbe1f4cc67e.jpg

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

A good light source for this is to get a regular garage work light like this: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Bayco-6-Incandescent-Work-Light-Plastic-Cage-With-Hook/16533149

Add a 100W equivalent LED bulb to it, and you can get it into the small places more easily.

5 hours ago, grannyknot said:

Good idea, better than filling you cab with smoke.

Hey some of us fill the cab with smoke anyway. 👀 jk

1 hour ago, heyitsrama said:

Hey some of us fill the cab with smoke anyway. 👀 jk

Not me, I just fill it with gas.

gas.gif

Edited by SteveJ

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

65fd4fae-dee4-4e63-a2b4-9a3fa07b5cb3.3fe4dc0ac2528fad4f2949d61cd78133.jpeg.jpg

Just think about 48 year old seats in my car. Those vents on the backs should also be in the seats.

Edited by siteunseen

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.