IGNORED

240Z Factory battery cable

Wesley_FR

Given the price, I’m kinda thinking they may be OEM cables. The Fiche does show different cables starting 72-07. 

Going to have to call them to get details if you want to see the difference

I can imagine nothing location or lug size, or grounding difference. Might be a “better” battery terminal end upgrade or style or something

Hi All,

I started following this thread when I got back from an extended work trip and thought this link might be helpful:

https://www.240zrubberparts.com/apps/webstore/products/show/7319377

Although these may be too pricey for some, Steve Nixon reproduces the cables and they are perfect replicas.

I suggest that instead of creating another replica, time and money might be better spent supporting the efforts of those that have already done it.

In reference to a few of the questions above:

The Z Store does not have any of these original cables in stock and it is highly unlikely they will ever have them again. I purchased some of the last ones they had several years ago and have found a couple of sets from a Canadian source since, but recent inquiry informs that they are now unavailable.

There is no discernible difference in the 70-72/ 73-74 cables. I have them installed on my 73.

CanTechZ is correct. The positive cable is the only one that had a terminal insulator cap originally. Steve's reproductions have them on both in an abundance of caution. (Many Z owners do not purchase batteries with the correct terminal orientations)

zKars

your photography skills are really getting better---great closeups Jim!

• Like 2

I really don’t want to get in the reproduction parts business, at least not yet. I do want to produce “reasonable” items that come close to the originals at first glance at a reasonable price for my own projects. 

I will include my rough notes and doodles of the detail measurements of my negative cable. Sorry for the not-perfectly readable scribbles. No I’m not a doctor.

E4B54BD9-7E75-4CE5-ABDF-5241E1DCB906.jpeg

Edited by zKars

Great reference material Jim!

When I posted above I had not yet read your exchange with Rich (motorman7) regarding creating the cables using the Pep Boys type terminal ends. You guys continually amaze me in your inventiveness and adaptations using off the shelf pieces, getting very acceptable (reasonable) results.

To Everyone: Please accept my apologies if my comments appeared to be disparaging of anyone chosing to make their own. That was not my intent.