IGNORED

Z's on BAT and other places collection

Zed Head

20 hours ago, Namerow said:

$143,000, even with silly wheels and tires!  I'll bet Buzz and Todd never thought their ride was going to be worth that kind of money.

I see alot of " modernizing " on classic cars ( and shows ) in Murica, sometimes only the shell is left original, the rest is all updated. That's basicall a modern car with a classic shell.  Not my kind of thing. A classic should remain a classic imo. You are going to drive a car from 1965 but want modern handling ? Makes no sense.

But hey.. everybody to their own offcourse, if that's what they want that's fine..

• 2 weeks later...

On 5/22/2021 at 3:23 PM, siteunseen said:

I think the covid dead cat bounce is on the ground for the last bounce. Guys aren't watching BAT like they were and the game is kind of over now. Time to tighten up those belts finally. Mine been tight so long I have a bruise around my waist.

1978 280Z - SOLD $39,000.00  I think its been a long time since I've seen a stock 280Z bring those numbers.   https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1978-datsun-280z-95/  

• Like 1

On 4/8/2021 at 12:05 PM, Dadsun said:

I bought a couple of cans of this a few months back for the purpose. Anyone used it?

PXL_20210408_170334144.jpg

I finally put this to use while restoring the rear end cosmetics. See pic:

PXL_20210610_004434168.jpg

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Zed Head said:

Interesting white trim ensemble and it still got over $31,000.  No offense if the designer is a member.  It's just different.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1972-datsun-240z-177/

image.png

This was one of the best kept, most original “Survivors” we have seen on BAT in a long time.  Darn shame it was presented with the damage to the rear quarter panel and tail light surround.

A Survivor in that shape (without the damage) would easily have brought $40K to $45K in the last six months - - but that dent in the rear,  is in a very hard place to fix - and it was a big Put-Off to most collectors.

I think the seller made a costly mistake presenting it for Auction - without first fixing that damage. On the other hand the Buyer got a really great 240Z at a bargain price. 

Another great Survivor - 1973 on Auction now - we’ll see how it does.

• Like 1