IGNORED

12/70 on eBay - Barn Find

Terrapin Z

The seller is quite a character with quotes such as: 

On Oct-26-20 at 15:20:56 PDT, seller added the following information:

NOTICE!!! Bidders with zero feedback or foreigners without verification will be CANCELED! This just happened here today. I will not tolerate such bidders to spoil it for everyone else!!!!!

On Oct-28-20 at 06:52:41 PDT, seller added the following information:

I just canceled another bid! This car stays in America! No foreign bidders allowed!!!

He also has a not-so-good eBay feedback rating of only 90%.  

8 hours ago, lonetreesteve said:

The seller is quite a character with quotes such as: 

On Oct-26-20 at 15:20:56 PDT, seller added the following information:

NOTICE!!! Bidders with zero feedback or foreigners without verification will be CANCELED! This just happened here today. I will not tolerate such bidders to spoil it for everyone else!!!!!

On Oct-28-20 at 06:52:41 PDT, seller added the following information:

I just canceled another bid! This car stays in America! No foreign bidders allowed!!!

He also has a not-so-good eBay feedback rating of only 90%.  

4 canceled bids in the $5K range three of which had 0 feedback the last was in the 400's.  6 solid bidders, the leader has been in it for some time now. 

I only saw one negative and it was someone upset that he sold the item local and did not delete the ad fast enough. Not sure why that would take him down near 10% though. 

1 hour ago, Terrapin Z said:

I only saw one negative and it was someone upset that he sold the item local and did not delete the ad fast enough. Not sure why that would take him down near 10% though. 

I think that the score is "all time", but they only show the last 12 months of reviews.  eBay is not really about protecting buyers, it's about making them feel comfortable buying.  

I generally avoid strongly opinionated people.  Good luck to him though.

45 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

I think that the score is "all time", but they only show the last 12 months of reviews.  eBay is not really about protecting buyers, it's about making them feel comfortable buying.  

I generally avoid strongly opinionated people.  Good luck to him though.

I looked at it again and found the rating is based on the last 12 months 10 positive reviews and 1 negative then some strange math. Still has 1063 feedback and I looked through 8 pages and saw only one neutral.

• Positives: 10 Negatives: 1
  • This member's positive Feedback percentage
  • 10 / ( 10 + 1 ) = 90.9%

Ebay is all about selling something, anything for any price. They just want to make their 10% on the sale no matter what. Now they make 10% off the shipping too. Which then can cut into your personal profit. You have to pad the shipping charge to cover the fee. Kind of screws the seller IMO. I don'y buy much on eBay anymore, just every now and then when something good shows up for a reasonable price. Farther and fewer nowadays for sure.

I agree with you though, the guys seems to have a chip for sure. As I expect you saw has not been on here for 4 years either. 

• Like 1

Just over 18 hours to go, and this is at $9,999.99.

I'm having a hard time getting my head around an incomplete car getting ten grand at auction. Mrs. Racer 2.0 is watching this feeding frenzy on old, incomplete, rusty Z cars and asking why I don't sell a few of the 14 Z cars that I have.

28 minutes ago, Racer X said:

I'm having a hard time getting my head around an incomplete car getting ten grand at auction.

I'm not at all!!  If i needed a 240z i like this one.. As i have several drivelines from engine to diff and stuff.. no problem to bid 10 grand for a almost rustfree car!  Yesterday i sold a original NISSAN frontwindow rubber  in it's orig. plastic bag for 450 euro.. It layed 20 years in my cellar and was like new.. still..     This is stuff people really WANT!

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Racer X said:

sell a few of the 14 Z cars that I have.

14 ???  i'm selling the  0,4  of my 1,4  240z cars!   I would sell 12 of them.. and buy completly something else for it!  14 of the same does nothing to me.. Buy from each z or zx type one much more fun than 14 of the same..  !!!   👍

Well it supposedly sold for $9999.99, but now it is back up for sale starting at $4800.00 and has 3 bids to bring it to $5250.00 currently.

I guess the seller did not care for the buyer or the back up bidders. Perhaps it is a scam. Who knows. 

The sellers remark This has been relisted because of some jerk that thinks it's funny to bid up an auction and not have any intention of paying. 

Probably the Facebook peeps???......😛 Normally you can offer it to the back up bidder, but I guess that was a no go either. The second highest bid was $9999.00

On 11/1/2020 at 2:50 AM, dutchzcarguy said:

14 ???  i'm selling the  0,4  of my 1,4  240z cars!   I would sell 12 of them.. and buy completly something else for it!  14 of the same does nothing to me.. Buy from each z or zx type one much more fun than 14 of the same..  !!!   👍

Most of them are non running cars given to me over the years. I need to drag them out of the bushes and see if there is anything worth resurrecting.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, Terrapin Z said:

Well it supposedly sold for $9999.99, but now it is back up for sale starting at $4800.00 and has 3 bids to bring it to $5250.00 currently.

I guess the seller did not care for the buyer or the back up bidders. Perhaps it is a scam. Who knows. 

The sellers remark This has been relisted because of some jerk that thinks it's funny to bid up an auction and not have any intention of paying. 

Probably the Facebook peeps???......😛 Normally you can offer it to the back up bidder, but I guess that was a no go either. The second highest bid was $9999.00

I see that the seller still continues to call the car a "1970 Datsun Z Series"' when it is actually a 1971 model year 240Z built in 12/70. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-Datsun-Z-Series/203164461998?_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20160908131621%26meid%3D072e35cfb7354ae2b593a0e4e26e592b%26pid%3D100678%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D15%26mehot%3Dpp%26sd%3D203164461998%26itm%3D203164461998%26pmt%3D0%26noa%3D1%26pg%3D2380057&_trksid=p2380057.c100678.m3607&_trkparms=pageci%3Ae3a5b268-1eab-11eb-8485-46d8f547cc95|parentrq%3A93b50bc61750a9e391131f35fff2143e|iid%3A1

On 11/4/2020 at 6:46 AM, lonetreesteve said:

And his relisted ad doesn’t have the added pictures, you still have to sift through all his comments and copy/paste the link to them.

Edited by Racer X