IGNORED

Noob here, intro

Miljack

Hey all,

Been away from Z's for a while, but, have owned 3 in the past.  My best (kicking my own arse) "son you won't believe the car I sold" story is my 1970 240z which I owned in the 80's for about 5-6 years.  I sold it to support my racing habit.  I don't think it went to a good home, so I don't think it may have survived. 

Anyone know of HLS30-00798?  It was white with the blue interior.  It was in pretty good shape when she left me. 

Also had a '73 in orange that I picked up and fixed up/flipped, and a 1978 280 2+2 that my father purchased new.  He drove that car into oblivion!  He loved it! 

Anyhow, I will dig up some pics and post them up later. 

• Like 1

Hello Miljack - welcome back!    HLS30 00798 was on eBay 12Jan2015 in Conyers, GA.  Then it was offered For Sale in Pompano Beach, FL 8May2018.

Good luck with finding another one... still plenty of very nice 240Z's - 

FWIW,

Carl B.

• Like 1

On 10/14/2020 at 2:09 PM, Miljack said:

Hey all,

Been away from Z's for a while, but, have owned 3 in the past.  My best (kicking my own arse) "son you won't believe the car I sold" story is my 1970 240z which I owned in the 80's for about 5-6 years.  I sold it to support my racing habit.  I don't think it went to a good home, so I don't think it may have survived. 

Anyone know of HLS30-00798?  It was white with the blue interior.  It was in pretty good shape when she left me. 

Also had a '73 in orange that I picked up and fixed up/flipped, and a 1978 280 2+2 that my father purchased new.  He drove that car into oblivion!  He loved it! 

Anyhow, I will dig up some pics and post them up later. 

Welcome, Miljack! 

HLS30-00798 is a very low VIN!  Amazing to hear that Carl Beck was able to track down your old 240Z and it still is around!

904 White with Blue interior is a great and rare color combination - I sold my '71 904 White with Blue interior and I wish I still had it. 

I've been trying to find my very first 240Z that I had in college HLS30-59523 for years, but haven't had any luck.  

Good luck to you in your search! 

@Carl Beck, I can't find a way to search that far back in eBay, wow great work?  Was the second offering you found also on eBay?  My son is now interested in Z cars, and I thought it would be really cool if I could find 798, but, with the values as they are, that might be too big a pill to swallow! 

So I did a little more digging based upon Carl's info (it made me curious), here's what I found:

Florida auction:  http://classiccardb.com/datsun/516190-datsun-240z-1970-1972-project-cars-with-lots-of-extra-parts.html

A 2015 legal notice of lien in a Lee County publication:  https://legals.businessobserverfl.com/legal-notice-uploads/2015-03-06-Lee.pdf

The Florida auction site lists a phone number, it may be worth a phone call to see if you can chase it down.

@Miljack   It wasn't "research"  - so much as record keeping.  I've kept records of every 240Z VIN I could find for the past 30 years or so. Especially the 69 production years and very low VIN's.  (cheap hobby). Glad it helped.

FWIW,

Carl

22 minutes ago, Miljack said:

Just got a reply, the guy in FL sold all of his Z car stuff (he did resto's and had a couple chassis and ton of parts) to someone in Europe!  Oh well 798 might be on the continent still...

😞  I've been seeing more and more sent overseas lately.  There was one from right here in my backyard that was in an accident and ended up in Europe by way of the insurance auction.  The good news is that it is being repaired!