IGNORED

Parts for Sale: 4x reproduction Nissan Fairlady Z432-R ‘works’ wheels in aluminum

Sean Dezart

4x reproduction Nissan Fairlady Z432-R ‘works’ wheels in aluminum

14x7J

ET-16

PCD 4x114.3

CB 73.1

Weight 6.82kgs

Color – bronze/anthracite 

No lug nuts supplied but uses standard tapered ones.

Fits Datsun 240Z 260Z 280Z 280ZX and other Datsuns

Included is a choice of Z or RealWheel centre-hub stickers (please specify when ordering) and the exclusive leather key-ring

Tires used were 195/70R14

Any questions, measurements required, please don’t hesitate to ask.

Special Christmas price = us$800 plus shipping for the 4x shipped to you !

shipping (tracked and insured) :

Europe = €100

North America = us$300

Middle East and Australia = us$350

Stay safe and have a great Christmas

020.JPG

019.JPG

021.JPG

022.JPG

018.JPG

025.JPG

037.JPG

034.JPG

050.JPG

051.JPG

120087555_349554776190152_1022453249259352204_n.jpg

• Advertiser
    Sean Dezart
  • Date
    09/21/2020
  • Price
    $800.00
  • Category

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 26th-Z said:

Oh drool.  Serious drool.  If I wasn't committed to my Watanabees.

Everyone needs two sets of wheels - one for 'show' and one for 'go' !?

I was impressed how well they fit and look under the arches...mine are normally 8x15s ET0 - I like dished so I was expecting to be a little disappointed.

I'll leave it up to each person to decide for themselves if they look fab or drab !?

035.JPG

038.JPG

6 hours ago, Sean Dezart said:

Any questions, measurements required, please don’t hesitate to ask.

• Advertiser
    Sean Dezart
  • Date
    09/21/2020
  • Price
    $1,390.00
  • Category

OK. Where are they made, what is the specification of the alloy used and do they come with any testing certification/guarantee/statement of liability?

Lastly, what do M-Speed Japan think about you buying these wheels out of the back door of the factory who makes their product for them?

You don't disappoint Alan - it didn't take a day to creep out and be negative eh ??

If you're not interested in buying or representing another supplier, I don't feel it appropriate to pass comment on products made available to Z owners at reasonable prices and you appear anyway to have answered your own questions !

There is no 'back-door' activity here, these and other reproduction wheels were openly bought direct from the factory who have no issue with them being sold publicly.

The question you might answer is why they are willing to do so.........?

008.JPG

18 minutes ago, Sean Dezart said:

You don't disappoint Alan - it didn't take a day to creep out and be negative eh ??

If you're not interested in buying or representing another supplier, I don't feel it appropriate to pass comment on products made available to Z owners at reasonable prices and you appear anyway to have answered your own questions !

There is no 'back-door' activity here, these and other reproduction wheels were openly bought direct from the factory who have no issue with them being sold publicly.

Negative, or just willing to call you out?

We've been through all this before of course. I've asked you - rhetorically - how you would feel if the Chinese factory which manufactures your Z-Story exhausts (on which I'm sure you spent a lot of time researching, pattern-making and developing) started selling them direct to anybody who came to their (back) door? 

Let's cut to the chase here. M-Speed Japan paid for the R&D and pattern-making on these wheels, right? Jamel Lopes - who handles all the English-language sales and enquiries for M-Speed Japan - told me that these sales are not authorised by M-Speed. So what's the situation? You didn't pay them any attention when M-Speed were selling them, but suddenly - with a much different price point - you're all over them and Hey Presto!, here's a 'REAL Classic Z Wheels' keyring (dig the irony). 

32 minutes ago, Sean Dezart said:

Well, educate me (us) then. Do they have the blessing of the people who paid for this reproduction to exist in the first place (patterns, R&D, testing etc) or do they not?

Have you got clearance from M-Speed, or have you not? Have the factory got clearance from M-Speed, or have they not? 

I'm sorry Alan, you've had your quota of answers today. 

The question you might answer is why they are willing to do so.........? YOU educate us please, that's what you're good at in public with an audience.

I will not play ping-pong with you (again on yet another site) - it serves nothing and nobody. Just what is YOUR personal problem with these wheels being available and affordable with plenty of fitting photographs to help decide upon a purchase or not and someone (me) available to answer any questions like interior diameter to avoid brake-disc/caliper issues ?

I suspect I know the answer but please, educate us - plain answer !

1 hour ago, Sean Dezart said:

I'm sorry Alan, you've had your quota of answers today. 

I'll put that down as both a 'cannot' and a 'will not'.

The question you might answer is why they are willing to do so.........? YOU educate us please, that's what you're good at in public with an audience.

Since you haven't answered my above questions, it's hard to come to any conclusions. If M-Speed Japan have green-lighted sales direct from the Chinese factory for some reason (there could be any number of reasons) then I don't see why you would not be able to say so. But M-Speed's representative told me that these sales are not authorised by M-Speed. So you're apparently selling an M-Speed developed product without the M-Speed stickers, yes? So who's standing behind them? Who's guaranteeing the product? If 'REAL Classic Z Wheels' (LOL) is your company, and these are 'your' product, where are the bona fides?

Just what is YOUR personal problem with these wheels being available and affordable....

I didn't have any problem with M-Speed Japan having wheels made and selling them to the general public, as they were good quality and a fair price for ex-Japan sales. I recommended the M-Speed reproductions to several people, and several friends of mine bought them and are happy with them. So, no problem at all with M-Speed product.

So who's making yours, and where?

I suspect I know the answer but please, educate us - plain answer !

The 'problem' I have Sean is that I don't think it is cool for people to track down manufacturing sub-contractors - via a product - and effectively short-circuit the process that brought the product to market in the first place. If M-Speed Japan paid for the R&D, patterns and testing and everything that goes with a project like this, then why should somebody else get a free ride on their IP? I asked you before what your reaction would be if somebody went to the Chinese factory where you make your Z Story exhausts, and started buying and selling the product that you developed. Your answer was pretty much 'its their own fault', wasn't it? So much for morals, let alone karma.

If the situation between yourself and M-Speed Japan is a mutual agreement, then it should be easy for you to clarify to that effect. As of right now, that's not how I understand it.     

• Like 1

Apparently, the product is a knockoff?  So, the usual questions about quality apply.  And liability, for people who think a little deeper.  In the States, everything revolves around lawsuits.  All damages can be quantified in to a dollar figure.  So, the question would be "who pays if the wheel fails"?  Buying from a small company means shallow pockets.  Something to consider.

There is apparently little regulation of automotive wheels in the US market.  I was surprised.  Tiny parts like brake hoses need an "off road use only" label, but not rims.  Caveat emptor.  I might have missed something but it looks like the tests and certifications that are out there are not to pass requirements for sale but to minimize liability.

It's weird that anybody can come up with a wheel design, make it, and sell it, with no testing or qualification required.  Why aren't there more accidents?

A sampling of Google stuff - 

https://www.sema.org/federal-regulation-aftermarket-parts?__utma=95790915.1630008249.1600708277.1600708289.1600708289.1&__utmb=95790915.0.10.1600708289&__utmc=95790915&__utmx=-&__utmz=95790915.1600708289.1.1.utmcsr=google|utmccn=(organic)|utmcmd=organic|utmctr=(not provided)&__utmv=-&__utmk=235755721#Tires-Wheels

https://www.sae.org/learn/content/c0102/

https://www.sae.org/standards/content/j3010_202002/?_ga=2.120073344.986013974.1600708173-681642261.1600708172

http://us-mags.com/us-mag-warranty-p-22.html

https://www.tsw.com/