IGNORED

Aluminum lugnuts???

Patcon

I have seen them but never used them myself.  Many of the cheap colored, anodized lugnuts are aluminum alloy.

My problem with them would be the 2 dissimilar metals (steel & aluminum) causing corrosion and grafting the lugs to the nuts.    I'll stick with steel.

• Like 1

ALU lugnuts?   NEVER...    I once.. almost 30 year ago had a loose rear wheel  Alu-wheel on a (my first!) 280zx, i used steel lugnuts  the correct ones for the alu wheel (steel)  but did'nt go over 90 Nm and they came loose..  nowdays i put 100-110 Nm on them and no problem.. i can't believe Nissan uses alu nuts for something so important!

(I discovered the loose wheel in time and stopt and solved it besides the road.  a friend once had a old merc and shouted: Hey! i've got those wheels to!  knowing it was his own wheel that came by hahaha)

• 3 weeks later...

Easily found in Japan;

https://www.rhdjapan.com/search/?q=lug nuts

Made from duraluminium  is what I gather, have a set I got from here a few years ago (but not listed anymore), on my S30, and the added thing is they are all hepagonal, so a normal spanner socket won't fit, so effectively 4 lock nuts per wheel.

Even Nismo sells aluminium nuts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1