IGNORED

1978 280z Won't Run Properly Anymore! Any help is Appreciated!

Ownallday

1 hour ago, siteunseen said:

No, just an exhaust leak which may cause hotter fuel rail, "heat soak". @S30Driver again to the rescue!

Good to know, thank you! I will check this out

1 hour ago, Zed Head said:

Come on now.... you did not actually take a resistance measurement at Pin 13 of the ECU connector like the "Bible" describes.  Just say so, and move on.

I checked two pins but I might've checked the wrong ones is what I'm saying.

1 hour ago, Dave WM said:

the water temp sensor typically goes high (rich) but not impossible to go low (lean). As far as vacuum leaks the best practice would be just to smoke them out. So many places for problems. One major place would be the O rings on injectors, easy to screw that up when replacing. Next would be the AFM to TB hose, crack can hide in the accordion folds, then the EGR is so equipped, and any mods to the PCV system. I properly setup system will have idle issues if you remove the oil fill cap while running. even just pulling the oil dip stick should show a change in the idle if its all working correctly.

Okay good to know so no harm changing the sensor then. It was only $20 anyways. I'll be attempting to smoke out for vacuum sunday.

1 hour ago, Zed Head said:

The stock EFI system will not run ITB's.  You'll need a completely different engine management system.  

Yes I know, Datsun spirit makes a nice kit and sells two different engine management systems.