License Plate Hunt for '74 - Open Discussions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

License Plate Hunt for '74

Featured Replies

I've been searching for an Ohio 1974 license plate to go with my '74 260Z. In Ohio, you can use a historic license plate or an old license plate that matches the year of your car on a historic vehicle.

Right now there is one on e-bay "Z N" as in Z'n or Z'ing

If anyone see something better let me know. I'm looking for something closer to 260Z.

Jeff

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ohio-VANITY-License-Plate-Z-N/373003309954?hash=item56d8bad382:g:DygAAOSwnZRefhV9

Make sure you know all the specifics

In South Carolina they dont allow any vanity plates for year of manufacture plates.

Also only certain letters are register able. I can't fully explain but as historic plates get registered they move down the alphabet. When we looked for Codys goon, I almost bought plates that wouldn't have worked. I had to look for a lower letter plate

The perfect period-correct plate is probably hanging on the wall in a dive bar in Steubenville ?

Here is a source but I'm not sure it's who I used

https://www.shoplicenseplates.com/ohio-license-plates

there is a "26 ZR" plate there that might work if you can register it

I believe this is who I used. He annotates which plates are register able or not

http://www.scplates.com/for-sale/South-Carolina

He covers Fl, Ga, SC, NC & Va

Edited by Patcon

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

I've got 2 '74 Ohio plates with Z in them,

Any interest?

(I'm keeping the one in the middle!) ?

20200712_062546.jpg

  • Author

Patcon

I like that 26 ZR. Do you think anyone would notice if I added a "0" in there?

Jeff

Doesn't look like it will fit and they look like raised letters. Might be hard to do well...

  • Author
17 minutes ago, Patcon said:

Doesn't look like it will fit and they look like raised letters. Might be hard to do well...

Sure it will ; )

 

260zR.jpg

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Unfortunately, no. It's a 1973 plate but my car is a 1974 (January I think) so the date is wrong. I purchased it anyways since I could possibly use it as a front plate. 

I'm a bit confused why someone in 1973 would of got a D 260 Z plate since the 260Z wasn't made until 1974.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.