IGNORED

How to post video? What application should it open with?

panchovisa

I am trying to post a video of my car starting with open headers (sounds great!).  It is a MOV file, which is in the list of accepted upload formats, but what program should I have it open with?

Should it be: iTunes, Movies & TV, Photos, Windows Media Player, or another App?

I will attach a MOV file that opens with "Photos" to see if that works.

Thanks Steve.  I have never posted to YouTube, but I guess it is time to learn.  It looks like video works on the site when it opens with "Photos", but not with "Windows Media Player".  Turn the volume up, you will jump when it starts!!!

IMG_1864.JPG

IMG_1808.JPG

• Like 2

I  am 66 years old and have never been much of a social media user, except for here, and that has been many years since I was active.  I just watched a video about what I need to do, and I may post a video some day (sure!).  Here is where the Z-car people are, so hopefully someone will see it.

Thanks Heyitsrama.  Glad somebody watched the video.  The engine is a 2.4Liter blueprinted engine done by an ex-factory Datsun mechanic that started his own shop.  He did a fantastic job.  The whole story of the engine is long.  We made tools that nobody else had to do Z-car engines (I was a patternmaker and could produce any kind of casting).

The aluminum tank is a Harrison coolant overflow (expansion) tank mounted over the height of the aluminum Corvette radiator. 

The engine does sound very different with the six into two Jere Stahl header (with the dual tailpipes removed after changing out rear differential).  Even with the exhaust system complete it sounds very different from any typical Z exhaust system. 

On 7/5/2020 at 2:17 PM, panchovisa said:

I am trying to post a video of my car starting with open headers (sounds great!).  It is a MOV file, which is in the list of accepted upload formats, but what program should I have it open with?

Should it be: iTunes, Movies & TV, Photos, Windows Media Player, or another App?

I will attach a MOV file that opens with "Photos" to see if that works.

SU carbs!  I really didn't expect to see those when I heard the engine start up, you have done some great work there. Thanks for posting that.

Thanks Grannyknot.  The car is a 72 240Z, and so I wanted to keep the 2.4Liter engine size and was convinced by my engine builder to stay true to the SU carbs.  They function great and hold their settings in almost all conditions.  If you had a full race modified engine then of course the triple Mikuni's would be the ticket.

It doesn't sound like a little 2.4 six, does it!!!!  More like a small V8?  When I pull the mufflers and replace with dual megaphones it sounds like a 300 cubic inch chainsaw!

Maybe I will post THAT video??

On 7/6/2020 at 12:19 AM, panchovisa said:

Here is where the Z-car people are, so hopefully someone will see it.

I've seen the video to!  Nice car. If my car sounded like that the cops would make a very small package of my car in no time!  haha..

Those rear wheel arches are poly glass fiber? I'm just looking around for my 240z.. (i'm almost ready with my " 280zx 1979 2+2 slick roof restauration", here on this site to see!)  Is it a set i can buy somewhere?

I think yours sounds nice but my experience is that after some time it gets irritating.. I would install a (electric) valve, so you can switch it..  (also useful when the cops are in near distance! ?

Edited by dutchzcarguy
  • Like 1

Sorry Dutch, the rear fender flairs are one of a kind, handmade.  Similar panels can be found if you search for "YZ flairs" on this site (and/or the web in general).

The exhaust sound you heard is without any tailpipes or mufflers.  With the system fully installed the sound is quite satisfying.  It would be fun to be able to "toggle" between the two sounds.