IGNORED

Clutch fork throw

rcv

This recent thread:
https://www.classiczcars.com/forums/topic/64260-240z-hls-30-42277-restauration-colombia-southamerica/?do=findComment&comment=603098

Includes some pics of what looks like the same transmission:
1bc95bcdb68a431aa542e5a63ef1db58.jpg&key

a0000033b429cab4cf7402ba5b9d5cc5.jpg&key

Kinda dark inside the bell housing to get a real good look at the pivot ball post, but maybe @Mazinga Z would be willing to take a closer pic for you. 

17 hours ago, 240dkw said:

31 with washer and 28.4 without

Ok, so that's very interesting - your pivot is only ~2mm taller than mine, however you measure only 105mm from the bellhousing face to the pivot, whereas I have 116mm.  I wonder where those extra 9mm are coming from.  Looking at the two pictures inside our bellhousings, the transmissions certainly look identical.

Rcv — 150.    Mine - 153

73.                  74

20.                  18

25.                   26

as well, I get 136 to the flat that the pivot screws into, Hope this helps.

Edited by 240dkw
  • Like 1

On 7/20/2020 at 6:43 PM, 240dkw said:

I get 136 to the flat that the pivot screws into

I just pulled off my transmission again to measure this, and I get the same as you - ~135mm to the flat. I remeasured the distance from the transmission face to the pivot, and I now get 105mm with my extra 4mm of washers.  I must have made a measuring mistake the first time.  I’m uploading my amended drawing below. 

C7388C12-CD93-45DF-B10D-3634BE8A4613.jpeg

Yeah, I agree. I can't really wrap my head around our disparities in measurements.  We seem to get the distance to the pivot mounting flat, and our pivots seem to be the same dimensions. However, we get different measurements from the bellhousing face to the pivot even when I take my extra washers into account.  You don't happen to have the original pressure plate that came with the car do you?  My theory is that the one that goes with the 71A transmission is actually taller than the one that goes with the 71B.  

I'm getting pretty close to putting this into the cold case files anyway. I did take some 3d scans of the inside of the bellhousing just in case I want to reference it later.  You can check out a preview here:  https://platform.standardcyborg.com/sharescan/igyMyZc7.  I took a couple that I'll align and mesh together at some point, but just let me know if anyone wants the raw data.

• 1 month later...

Just a quick update for anyone else who runs across this: 

The engine/transmission is now in the car, and even though it's not running yet I did some test runs by pushing my car down my driveway, putting it into gear and then slowly releasing the clutch.  Things feel pretty good, so I'm going to call this a success so far.  I'll post a final update once the car is driving.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 7/3/2020 at 6:42 PM, rcv said:

8C928842-E560-4749-8CD6-AA370BCCFA55.jpegYeah looks like I read closer to 150mm. Possibly this pressure plate isn’t right for my setup? I could have sworn I checked the height and it was the same as the old one. I’ll pull the transmission off and check again. 

I’m really hoping I don’t need to get another pressure plate as I already had this one balanced with my flywheel. 

I seem to have exactly the same issue