IGNORED

Reproduction Engine ID / Vin Number Plate

JPeters

58 minutes ago, grannyknot said:

I just went out and checked my 240 and the door tag numbers are 4mm but if you are going to stamp the numbers yourself you will have to make up a jig so all the numbers have the right spacing and alignment, free hand won't work. 

If you want it done correctly, as original, get Mike at Banzai to sell and stamp it for you. He’ll need a copy of your title with numbers for verification, They are perfect.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, grannyknot said:

I just went out and checked my 240 and the door tag numbers are 4mm but if you are going to stamp the numbers yourself you will have to make up a jig so all the numbers have the right spacing and alignment, free hand won't work. 

Is the engine bay ID plate numbers the same size or are those larger?

Edited by JPeters

5 hours ago, Diseazd said:

If you want it done correctly, as original, get Mike at Banzai to sell and stamp it for you. He’ll need a copy of your title with numbers for verification, They are perfect.

I am only looking to do the engine bay plate as the door tag is still on the car.

• 5 months later...

I'm missing the engine compartment VIN plate for my 77.  All the other VIN plates and numbers on my car are fine, but my PO removed the engine compartment plate (presumably to paint the car) and never put it back on.

Anyone have a good source recommendation for a correct stock looking plate for the 77 280Z?

I looked at Bonzai and he lists a repro for the 240 and a different one for the 260, but he doesn't list anything for the 280. I know they changed the data plates a number of times over the years and I'm looking for something that's correct for 77.

6 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

I'm missing the engine compartment VIN plate for my 77.  All the other VIN plates and numbers on my car are fine, but my PO removed the engine compartment plate (presumably to paint the car) and never put it back on.

Anyone have a good source recommendation for a correct stock looking plate for the 77 280Z?

I looked at Bonzai and he lists a repro for the 240 and a different one for the 260, but he doesn't list anything for the 280. I know they changed the data plates a number of times over the years and I'm looking for something that's correct for 77.

Not interested in the link I posted above?

I did check out the link. But it took me to ebay Canada, so I wasn't sure what the deal was. However, I did poke around enough on ebay US and found the same guy there too (no surprise).

So on your custom plate, the VIN is painted on, not engraved. I think the original 77 plate was stamped? Did you ask for everything to be painted instead?