IGNORED

Reproduction Engine ID / Vin Number Plate

JPeters

Hello all,

I am working on my 1971 240Z and cleaning up the engine bay. 

I am wondering if anyone has experience reproducing anengine ID plate (from the engine bay with engine and VIN number) as mine was lost a long time ago.

I am going to buy a reproduction plate from Zeddsaver but I do not know the correct font and size for the stamps. 

Can someone help?

Thank you!

1 hour ago, JPeters said:

I am going to buy a reproduction plate from Zeddsaver but I do not know the correct font and size for the stamps. 

I bought a couple of plates from Zeddsaver and the holes weren't punched in the right place, had to elongate the holes with file:angry2:

Banzai's are as accurate as you are going to get.

• Like 1

I like the one I ordered from eBay. The vendor, Ed was extremely helpful and made every change I wanted and had proofs to me every couple of hours. He does engraving as well. I ordered mine totally printed.

I don't think a lot of people have access to a silk screen machine or an aluminum punching die. Like others have said, a few vendors have invested in the metal, printing and punching equipment to make it worthwhile. I think it would be prohibitive for a person to make one of thes efor themselves....

9 minutes ago, wheee! said:

I don't think a lot of people have access to a silk screen machine or an aluminum punching die. Like others have said, a few vendors have invested in the metal, printing and punching equipment to make it worthwhile. I think it would be prohibitive for a person to make one of thes efor themselves....

I am only asking about the font and size of the punch set. You can buy the Engine/Vin plate already.

4 hours ago, JPeters said:

What size is it for the 240z?

I just went out and checked my 240 and the door tag numbers are 4mm but if you are going to stamp the numbers yourself you will have to make up a jig so all the numbers have the right spacing and alignment, free hand won't work.