IGNORED

Crank snout turning nut

Patcon

Gotcha on wanting to keep the engine together for now. I'm continuing to work on the nut as time allows. I spent almost all of today outside trying to injure myself with lawn and garden equipment. Couple minor flesh wounds. Won't know about poison ivy until tomorrow.    :excl:

20 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

Gotcha on wanting to keep the engine together for now. I'm continuing to work on the nut as time allows. I spent almost all of today outside trying to injure myself with lawn and garden equipment. Couple minor flesh wounds. Won't know about poison ivy until tomorrow.    :excl:

Take some Dawn dish detergent to the shower and scrub real good and most of the oil will come off.

We went hiking in a very heavy poison ivy area last weekend and so far all is good.

I was only worried about elbows down, and I washed thoroughly with dishwashing soap* in the sink shortly after the event. I heard some long time ago that you have about 45 minutes minimum to get that stuff off your skin and you should be OK. It was about thirty minutes before I got washed up, and with no issues today, I think I'm fine.

The only thing bothering me now is my thumb is still swollen and hurts way more than it should from such a small wound. I think I broke the tip of a thorn off inside. :facepalm:Here, have some roses they said. They're beautiful, they said.   Haha!!

*We usually use Dawn, but couldn't get it last time we needed soap, so we're currently using Palmolive.

After a completely unprofitable amount of time, I have this:
P1170055.JPG

P1170056.JPG

I mistakenly made the slot a little wider than I wanted. I was aiming for .210, but I got about .230. I think it'll be fine for what you're trying to do. Just don't misinterpret the initial backlash "take-up" for movement of your crank.

It should go out Monday.

10 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

After a completely unprofitable amount of time, I have this:
P1170055.JPG

P1170056.JPG

I mistakenly made the slot a little wider than I wanted. I was aiming for .210, but I got about .230. I think it'll be fine for what you're trying to do. Just don't misinterpret the initial backlash "take-up" for movement of your crank.

It should go out Monday.

Excellent!! What does that translate to in beer???

• Haha 1

LOL!!! You don't even want to know!

So I decided to go ahead and make it square. I have no idea where the key(s) ended up on your blocks and I was worried that the two flat design would always put the flats in an inconvenient location for putting the wrench on it and getting leverage. It's 2.4 inches square, so your 2.5 wrench should fit fine.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

LOL!!! You don't even want to know!

So I decided to go ahead and make it square. I have no idea where the key(s) ended up on your blocks and I was worried that the two flat design would always put the flats in an inconvenient location for putting the wrench on it and getting leverage. It's 2.4 inches square, so your 2.5 wrench should fit fine.

It's always good when your tool is big enough.

It would be interesting to see if i can afford the quantity of beer you can hold...just you! Not you and Cliff!!

• Haha 1