IGNORED

New owner

Hi from ATL.  Child of the 70s that always loved Z cars but couldn't afford one back then.  I recently bought a 1978 280Z from a family friend.  She was the original owner and had always planned to restore it.  It has been in a garage for about 25 years.  Any folks in the ATL area with recommendations for restoration garages?  I am looking forward to poking around the site.  take care

2 minutes ago, siteunseen said:

You found a good group of people here, plenty of replies when you need something. That Georgia Z club is awesome from all I've heard on here and Facebook.91

Road Atlanta brought the Zs to Georgia. There's tons of like minded owners from GA.

Welcome to the affliction. LOL

Thanks siteunseen and Gogriz91 for your comments.  I am excited about being a part of the community

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TopaZ said:

.  Any folks in the ATL area with recommendations for restoration garages? 

I think that @SteveJ knows the area.  How much restoration are you planning, and do you plan to do any of the work yourself?  All options are fine, but will make a difference in recommendations.

Thanks to you both.  I am not going to do the work myself.  I am a tinkerer but not skilled enough to do any major repairs.  My normal mechanic  is going to give the car a good look over today.  I hope to know the extent to what is needed by weeks end. I am interested in understanding the sequence of a plan toward total restoration.  Maybe once I get the initial report we can touch base again?  thanks very much

Another big welcome!  Lots of good Z people in the ATL area. We love pictures so when your mechanic gives it the once over, shoot some photos and post them. There is probably nothing this group hasn't seen or has a fix for on your Z.  If you're already a confessed tinkerer (the first clue to the disease we all have) that will probably develop into a unique skill set and knowledge of 40+ year old Japanese cars and 8 track tape players.  Quite useful at large parties and public gatherings?.

35 minutes ago, TopaZ said:

Thanks to you both.  I am not going to do the work myself.  I am a tinkerer but not skilled enough to do any major repairs.  My normal mechanic  is going to give the car a good look over today.  I hope to know the extent to what is needed by weeks end. I am interested in understanding the sequence of a plan toward total restoration.  Maybe once I get the initial report we can touch base again?  thanks very much

There are many very knowledgeable people in the area that have taught me a LOT about the S30s. I am pretty well versed in the electrical systems, too. If you are willing to get your hands greasy and bust a knuckle every now and again, there's a good chance people will help you help yourself. Some of them also have good parts hoards when you need a part that is NLA.

Last summer, I converted a set of carburetors into throttle bodies to change my 260Z over to fuel injection. This may be the best area in the Southeast to learn about first generation cars.

On 5/23/2020 at 2:12 PM, Carl Beck said:

Looks like it might be a Black Pearl...did you get any original documentation with the Z?

I was thinking it might be a black pearl, too, especially with the pin stripes.