IGNORED

Transmission Crossmember bushings

Yarb

25 minutes ago, Yarb said:

Is this a 240 or 280z? Not sure if the diameter is different.Also what brand bushing are you using?

This is a 240.  I think only Prothane makes them.  The bushings are 31mm and the hole is 28mm.  I even milled 1mm of the bushing and it still doesn't press in correctly.

I bought the “Energy” bushings from ZCD for the 280Z. All I can tell you is they don’t fit without the sleeves intact. Sounds like the 240 has a smaller diameter sleeve. I have measurements I can pass on if needed.

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like I've convinced the Z Store to correct their installation instructions regarding retaining the outer sleeve.  It no longer says to retain the original outer sleeve.

Installation Note:
When the factory rubber-in-sleeve bushing is removed for use with this kit, the inside mating surface of the Mount Bar MUST be cleaned, deburred, and smoothed, so there are no protrusions that may damage the urethane bushings.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Was on the hunt for some bushing diameters for the trans crossmember and found this thread.

Just to add my 2 cents to this conversation. I got the full energy suspension kit for my 280z and the instructions told me to retain the sleeves.  I also send everything to the powdercoating guy and was a bit disappointed after I saw that I should´ve removed them on the front and rear control arm  - but mustache and gearbox crossmember need to retain the oem sleeve.

So seems that even in the same brand there are differences?! Maybe 240z/280z have different parts in the energy suspension kit. acc to the PN should be the same thou.

Always measure and check it seems.