IGNORED

Door spacer

heyitsrama

Anyone know where this little spacer goes? And what orientation it needs? It fell out of the door panel when I was trying to get the armrest installed.

on a side note, how do you guys get the door panels off without completely ruining the cardboard? It seems that the clips don’t want to release? Special tool? 

B04AE337-5B73-4E5B-BFB1-48FD2B2E867E.jpeg

Edited by heyitsrama

I've not done my 240 yet but here's what I've used in the past with good results. The orange handle thing is specifically for interior push fasteners. The other 2 are just small flat pry bars.

Don't know about your spacer. Sorry. Good luck.

The clothes pin is to put on your toungue so's not to scream with anger. LOL

20200322_150239.jpg

Edited by siteunseen
  • Like 1

That little padded ring is glued to the back of the door panel over the window crank hole. Definitely "optional"

More window crank clips are here.

https://www.clipsandfasteners.com/Nissan-Window-Crank-Handle-Retaining-Clip-p/a16340.htm

I see the price is no longer the $5.39 I paid in 2013.  Now $11.39, but still cheap for a 100. I think I still have 50 of the box I bought back then.

And they are a perfect fit BTW

• Like 1

When Kathy worked for a Chevy dealership in the parts dept, the mechanic's name for those clips was Dammit Clips. Over the years I've used many methods to remove them, most of which ended up with me searching for the clip. Now I use a shop rag. Slip it behind the handle, pull it down to the clip and pull the rag side to side. The cloth will grab one end of the clip and pull it off. The end of the clip that stuck in the rag usually prevents it from shooting off to who knows where.

@siteunseen @Mark Maras @zKars thanks for the input!

Honestly i think its the second time i've lost the clip, i'll check out my local parts store if they have something like that. I was also looking for the phillips/hex m6x25 bolts that are used for the 260z/280z arm rests, mine are warn out. I think MSA sells them for $1 per bolt. Its the the phillips head that is difficult to find.... Anyone have a lead on these?

35 minutes ago, heyitsrama said:

@siteunseen @Mark Maras @zKars thanks for the input!

Honestly i think its the second time i've lost the clip, i'll check out my local parts store if they have something like that. I was also looking for the phillips/hex m6x25 bolts that are used for the 260z/280z arm rests, mine are warn out. I think MSA sells them for $1 per bolt. Its the the phillips head that is difficult to find.... Anyone have a lead on these?

Check Belmetric

I just bought a bunch of bolts for Cody's goon from there

• 1 year later...