IGNORED

Cam Damage w/ pics....

Pinbill

1 hour ago, jonbill said:

on its 4th use

Wow!  I never used a Original nissan gasket twice! Can i get a full engine gasket set for my L24 (i got a reserve engine laying disassembled) from Kameari? (got an adress?)

When my 280zx is ready i start on that engine.. it's a 48 year old engine that is in a very nice lightly used state!

Sorry for the confusion. I didn't take the head off. Although I was right there when I changed the gaskets and detailed the motor. I had the manifolds, fuel pump, the thermostat housing, water intake housing off etc. I checked the torque on the head bolts but decided to stop there. Taking the head off will go quick when the time comes. It is a very easy car to work on

I am working on a Porsche 944 right now and it is a different ball game.

Wow!  I never used a Original nissan gasket twice! Can i get a full engine gasket set for my L24 (i got a reserve engine laying disassembled) from Kameari? (got an adress?)
When my 280zx is ready i start on that engine.. it's a 48 year old engine that is in a very nice lightly used state!
I think original Nissan stuff is all paper/fibre so you're right to only us it once.
You can get Kameari stuff here: http://kameariengineworks.co.jp/ (there's an email address on there somewhere, and Mr Mori will reply to English)
Or rhdjapan.com if you're less adventurous!
But I don't think they do full engine sets, just head gaskets. Apart from the cam cover, I tend to use Elring Dirko for everything else.
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Pinbill said:

Hey Guys,

Head gasket leak!!!!! The valve noise doesn't matter. Its going to have to be rebuilt.

Tiny oil leaks are common.  Doesn't mean that things need rebuilding.  People have had the tiny oil leak in the middle even after installing a new HG.  It's where the feed port/orifice to the head is.

Edited by Zed Head
  • Like 1

The piece is very thin and flat.

I need to do the head gasket for my own piece of mind. I have too much time cleaning the engine compartment to let it slide. I may get to it sooner now that I can't visit with anyone. Here are some pictures.

thumbnail_IMG_20200321_174641922.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_20200321_174534701.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_20200321_174602079.jpg

• Like 1