IGNORED

Engine Dolly

SledZ

So I got sick and tired of using 2x4's tires and various things to keep my engines upright since the oil pans are off kilter.. Don't ask me why I even keep them but you never know when you might need something!

So I put some painters plastic down on a harbor freight dollie and then wrapped the underside of the engine also. Got the engine so it was as vertical as possible then lowered it till it touched the lowest part of the dollie and then filled it in with spray foam.It worked great and saved space! It's nice and stable and I can wheel it around.I didn't need to use a strap but wanted extra security. Also when I do make use of the engines I can lift the engine out and take out the "mold" and use my dollie for other stuff if needed.

Hope this helps for anyone that wants to store there engines also.

enginedolly3.jpg

enginedolly2.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Here's what we've been using for the past 10 years, Cheap and durable. Cut-out is for the oil pump and the j hooks are for a ratchet strap.. Engine with the dolly can be lifted up and put into the bed of a pickup (I put two 3x3 blocks of would under the dolly so the wheels don't touch the bed).

IMG_20191222_143159600_HDR.jpg

IMG_20191222_143222143_HDR.jpg