4spd transmission synchroniszer early Z - Page 2 - Engine & Drivetrain - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

4spd transmission synchroniszer early Z

Featured Replies

  • Author
14 hours ago, Yarb said:

This is Great information. Now I need to find a good trans shop here in central Florida to go through it before I drop it in. Converting an automatic to manual. I found a complete drive train from a 83. 

Thanks Yarb! (in  this case I was very lucky.)

I know nothing about such a conversion, though someone here can probably help.

Luck/Cheers..

I heard one time that it's important to "lap" new baulk rings (synchros) in when installing. True? (like you would lap a valve?)

Not sure I’ve heard or seen that done before. I’d like to see how they would attempt that.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.