IGNORED

1972 240Z Rear Body Line

52crankman

I have a 1972 240Z and am working on the body.  Can someone tell me if the body line above the rear wheel arches is supposed to run as one continuous line from the rear of the door to the rear of the car (as shown in this picture below) or does it start and stop above the center of the wheel arch (similar to the front).  Is this the same on both sides of the car?

1972 240Z 77K Miles, Original Paint

I'm not sure but I theorize that maintaining this body line during the repair of a wheel arch can be time consuming for the body mechanic due to the limited space.  Mine told me the line "disappears" over the wheel arch.  He claimed he got his info from a local fellow that owned two z cars.  I sent him a picture of the lines of my other car.  He reluctantly put the lines in the car but he was mad at me for the remainder of the restore.  Then he killed himself shortly thereafter.

• Sad 1

My thread has a section on the quarter panel body lines complete with measurements on where they need to be.

Starts here, goes on for a while.

1976 280Z Restoration Project

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=83168&share_tid=50908&share_pid=517933&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Eclassiczcars%2Ecom%2Findex%2Ephp%3F%2Ftopic%2F50908-1976-280Z-Restoration-Project%2Fpage__view__findpost__p__517933&share_type=t

• Like 1