IGNORED

Sticky idle

Rio24

It's late you must be tired and you're cranky. Remember I came here to ask for help. Hoping from people who actually experienced and resolved the issue in having, but all suggestions were taking seriously.  I'm simply making a statement Thats adding more spring is not the solution.  You made a good recommendation to check for vacuum leak after plates and I thanked you and checked and that's not it.  Anyway. Sorry you feel that way.  Thanks again

21 minutes ago, Rio24 said:

I'm simply making a statement Thats adding more spring is not the solution.  

You're not justifying your statement.  Explain why.  You're asking questions because you don't know then correcting people like you're an expert.  Explain how your finger moving the throttle blade is different from the spring moving the throttle blade.  You shut the blade with your finger, a stronger spring could do the same.

Sorry, but you shouldn't comment on people's attitudes.  Calling someone cranky just leads to more crankiness.

@Zed Head good morning.  I'm definitely not even close to an expert. I've tried many things to remedy this issue.  I don't have anything against springs.  I've tried many Springs from weak to strong from 1 to 3 Springs Total I'm still acts up when the engine is really hot thanks for your help 

[mention=19298]Zed Head[/mention] good morning.  I'm definitely not even close to an expert. I've tried many things to remedy this issue.  I don't have anything against springs.  I've tried many Springs from weak to strong from 1 to 3 Springs Total I'm still acts up when the engine is really hot thanks for your help 
When its hot and acting up, can you still close the throttle plates with your fingers?
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, jonbill said:
3 hours ago, Rio24 said:
[mention=19298]Zed Head[/mention] good morning.  I'm definitely not even close to an expert. I've tried many things to remedy this issue.  I don't have anything against springs.  I've tried many Springs from weak to strong from 1 to 3 Springs Total I'm still acts up when the engine is really hot thanks for your help 

When its hot and acting up, can you still close the throttle plates with your fingers?

Yes.  But but get harder

Yes.  But but get harder
Ah, interesting. Is that with that middle carb disconnected from the linkage? If so, I'd suggest something in that carb is binding as it heats up and the metal expands. Could be the throttle plates themselves (need recentering) or possibly the shaft or bearings.
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Rio24 said:

@gundeeIt's just the middle carb sticking.  

That is what I thought. And you replaced that middle one with one of the others.

After doing that you have the same issue. Then I go back to my original statement.

I deduce that it is then Nothing to Do With the Carb At All.

Need to look elsewhere.

• Like 1

As I understand it, the problem is always in the center carb. and only when it's hot. It would be interesting to see how much hotter the center carb. base gets verses the outer ones. Is it possible the manifold (and carb. base) are warping due to the heat and or the manifold is transferring too much heat to the carb. base? Have others had this problem using Canon manifolds?

• Like 1

@Mark Maras hello Mark.  A little background about the car.  I bought it with a stuck motor and the webers and cannon were on it.   Rebuilt motor and had problem ever since.  So what I did was rebuilt that carbs , made a heat and ceramic coat headers and cannon manifold. Still was having this isses even after replacing internal springs with the strongest available and 3 external springs.  The damage may have been done before I got it.  Great idea.  I will take manifold and have the surfaces checked.