IGNORED

Car 503

Rod's Garage

Hi , What a wonderful car which has been beautifully kept as it was left from the factory. I see lots of 1969 and early 1970 uniqueness . I can’t say all but some of them are , 

#1 The heater box has got “ 9K “ sticker as well as the chocks 

#2 The fire wall pad is textured “ meshed type “ 

#3 The clutch pedal stopper rubber is small 

#4 The hook for the jack holder on the floor has unique style , I have never seen it before. 

#5 The inspection lid has small tab , riveted?

#6 To my eyes , the  front over rider looked wide early type which has rubber nipples to secure the metal body . The front bumpers must be an early single bolt  type for each side .

I would like to see alphabet codes on the jack , it has three alphabet characters on the basement, does it say “ O  K  # “ ? 

Kats 

Edited by kats

3 hours ago, kats said:

Hi , What a wonderful car which has been beautifully kept as it was left from the factory. I see lots of 1969 and early 1970 uniqueness . I can’t say all but some of them are , 

#4 The hook for the jack holder on the floor has unique style , I have never seen it before. 

#6 To my eyes , the  front over rider looked wide early type which has rubber nipples to secure the metal body . The front bumpers must be an early single bolt  type for each side .

I would like to see alphabet codes on the jack , it has three alphabet characters on the basement, does it say “ O  K  # “ ? 

Kats 

Yes very unique details you pointed out! My Z has the same details other than being stamped 01/70... 

I have not seen it very clearly but I do suspect a clear back glass and no defrost switch on the center console. 

The car is in great shape, amazing for the age! Congrats!!

• Like 1

On 8/11/2019 at 11:33 PM, Mike B said:

What is the black coating inside the left rear quarter panel?  Also wonder why someone painted the rear panel black around the upper license plate mounting points?  Are you going to leave the dealer installed AC in the car or take it back to stock?

I'm not sure what that is.  I couldn't see any damage behind it.  As to the rear panel black around the upper license plate mounting points I would imagine that was done during the first repaint but have no way of knowing for sure.  I am going to leave the dealer installed A/C in the car because I refurbished another system for this owner and he was very satisfied with the results.

• Like 1

On 8/15/2019 at 9:36 PM, kats said:

Kats 

Yes, it's an amazing car.  Here's a couple of photos of the jack that you asked for.IMG_0645.JPGIMG_0644.JPG

• Like 2