IGNORED

Lightening of the flywheel

1 hour ago, Reptoid Overlords said:

I know some people who have sent their flywheels off to this place and have good results. A 1st Gen RX-7 w/ 17 b motor and a MK 2 Cressida with a supra 7M-GTE drivetrain swap.

They are in Chatsworth.

https://www.racetep.com/engine-building/flywheel-lightening.html

Sent from my Coolpad 3310A using Tapatalk

I run a TEP flywheel in my racecar.  They took 10 lbs. off and it works great.  They must have started lightening them again.  For quite a while, they had to stop after the one guy who did their machin work died and apparently was the only one who knew the cut plans for all the various make and model flywheels they lightened.

• 2 weeks later...

I was thinking more about this, which I guess is a dangerous thing. Anyway, I live in a pretty hilly area and I wonder if I’m asking for trouble by having my flywheel machined down to 18-20 lbs.  At the time I would have this done, I’d install the close-ratio 5-speed & 3.90 diff that are sitting in my garage.  Do any of you have any thoughts about, or experience with how drivable a Z would be in a hilly environment with a moderately lightened flywheel?