IGNORED

A Memorial Day honor

Av8ferg

Gents, 

As we enjoy this Memorial Day weekend grilling burgers and sipping cold beverages with family in friends wherever you are I wanted to share the story of the sacrifice of one of my closest friends (we were friends for 18 years) who died on 14 Sep 2012 in Camp Bastion, Afghanistan.  His name was LtCol Chris “Otis” Raible.  He was the CO of a Marine Harrier squadron and died defending his Marines and aircraft from insurgents attacking on the fight line in Bastion.  

Many men and women have made similar sacrifices serving our country and without their willingness to lay down their lives for our Nation, our way of life would be far different that it is today. Take a moment, raise a glass for those sacrifices and enjoy this holiday.  

Here the story of the actions that happened that night in Afghanistan and a picture of my friend Otis!   

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gq.com/story/battle-of-bastion-taliban-afghanistan-air-base/amp

1D84B8BF-8DCB-41CF-B41A-81C86594843E.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, wheee! said:

Cheers to my US brothers in arms...
Sgt Mark Lewis
Electro-Optronics Tech
Lord Strathcona’s Horse Royal Canadians
Combat Veteran, Task Force 1-09, Panjwaii Afghanistan 2009

Thanks to you too, Mark!

• Like 2

This is what I’m doing right now...

c349bf61685e8d947f4ec4924310e609.jpg
Hanging out at the wash racks at the end of Maple Resolve 19 in Wainwright Alberta. American troops participate with us every year. That’s two of my guys chatting with the Hercules crew.
Good times.

• Like 3